Online Partner Visa Applications

AWUK

Is anyone going down this route? Any opinions?

After procrastinating and delaying it, we had been aiming for a late January 2014 application for the Onshore 820/801 visa. We had not gone too far with printing out our documents and so online is looking to be a good option.

I called Immi yesterday and asked a few questions, the lady seems to think that online applications will be processed faster as it is all electronic, though as it is a new system there could always be hiccups.

I think everything is scanned certified copies, but it looks like you don't get more information on what you need to upload and how quickly until you submit the first document/application.

There is a maximum of 60 documents you can upload for this application too, in my head I'm taking this to mean that they are trying to cut down on unnecessary evidence.

Couple weeks ago submitted paper on-shore partner visa application. Their website said that partner visas can only be submitted as paper applicaitons.

So, it actually can be lodged on-line?

Frustrated with the service. As usual when it comes to australian visa. :)

Couple weeks ago submitted paper on-shore partner visa application. Their website said that partner visas can only be submitted as paper applicaitons.

So, it actually can be lodged on-line?

Frustrated with the service. As usual when it comes to australian visa. :)

When you lodged I don't think the online option was available.

On shore partner visa are iirc currently running at about 13 months from lodging to grant.

Archived