Anyone's App ever gone missing?

Guest DanD

Hi,

Has anyone's Application ever gone missing? Ours still hasn't even been acknowledged, 6 weeks later. Am starting to go crazy and feeling very despondent? Thought of getting all those papers together again?

Any advice much appreciated.

:evil:

Hi Dan

I'd say don't start worrying yet, there's been a few posts where people are waiting a couple of months for their applications to be acknowledged. How did you send it? If you sent it my courier or registered post you should be able to find out if it reached it's destination.

Ali

Thanks for your replies. We keep checking credit card co. too but nothing!It was sent by Courier so have put a trace with the PO.

Fingers crossed will get a response soon. At least you know its arrived Jo n Paul. This is gonna be a bumpy ride I think!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Watersports

My thoughts exactly - glad it's not just me.

We sent our application off at the end of July and haven't had an acceptance and as far as I can tell, our credit card still hasn't been debited either :-(

I sent it registered post but when you look at the track and trace it only shows up to the handing over to the Australian Post office - which is off little use.

Panic, panic, panic.....

Watersports,

Rest assured, it will come through. Ours was sent on the 6th July and only just ackn on the 28/29th August. The CC was debited at the same time unlike most people who have it ack then CC debited days/weeks later or vice versa.

I'm sure its just around the corner. Good luck.

Guest Watersports

Thanks Dan - that's re-assuring. Judging by your time stats we probably have a few more weeks to go then.......

I really wish I was good at this waiting game, at least I'll be used to it! :D

Guest Gollywobbler
My thoughts exactly - glad it's not just me.

We sent our application off at the end of July and haven't had an acceptance and as far as I can tell, our credit card still hasn't been debited either :-(

I sent it registered post but when you look at the track and trace it only shows up to the handing over to the Australian Post office - which is off little use.

Panic, panic, panic.....

Hi Watersports

I noticed the other day on another forum that the ASPC has now taken to publishing a daily e-mail explaining its current processing delay with receipting and acknowledging applications. I'm not involved with a skilled visa, but I sent the ASPC a blank e-mail to check this out. Sure enough, at the top of the e-mail it said which dates they are currently receipting applications for, and it said that this bit of the info is being updated daily.

I expect you sent your stuff by International Signed For. You cannot track it via the Royal Mail website after it leaves the UK, but you can e-mail the Australian Postal service, and apparently they are very efficient. You give them the Royal Mail tracking number and within a couple of days, the Oz Post will e-mail you confirming the date of receipt and that they have a signature for it from someone at the ASPC.

Others may be able to post a link to the right bit of the Australian post website so that you can e-mail them easily. If not, I'll have a hunt around and see what I can find later today.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi again Watersports

Here is the Australia Post website:

http://www.auspost.com.au/

I guess you click on their Contact Us link and then use the on-line enquiry form, but I've never actually used this service myself.

If you are minded to ask them to trace your package, I hope you will get a swift and reassuring result.

Have a good one

Gill

Guest Watersports

Hey Gollywobbler - thanks for that. I sent off a quick email, and before I could even wait for a reply "ping" in came the email from the Visa people acknowledging our visa application! Wohooo. At least it hasn't gone missing.........!

Archived