Hand luggage question

Johndoe

Guest littlesarah

Most airlines allow you take on an additional bag (be that a small handbag or camera bag), but if it doesn't specifically say so on their website I'd probably just take a bigger backpack (or ditch some stuff out of my hand luggage to fit the camera in). But then I am a complete worry-wart, so I tend to just comply with the rules as stated for my own peace of mind...

Most airlines allow you take on an additional bag (be that a small handbag or camera bag), but if it doesn't specifically say so on their website I'd probably just take a bigger backpack (or ditch some stuff out of my hand luggage to fit the camera in). But then I am a complete worry-wart, so I tend to just comply with the rules as stated for my own peace of mind...

He's a stickler for rules and conformity :rolleyes:....................a laptop must go in a laptop bag and a camera in a camera bag. Laptop bags are too thin to take anything other than laptops so it can't go in there. It can't go in my camera backpack 'cause my camera gear weighs bang on 7 kilos. Looks like I might have to leave my big lens behind to accomodate his camera 'cause I'm a worry-wart too

All's good.....................just found this hidden in a drop down menu..............extra items allowed

• Handbag, pocket book or purse

• Overcoat, wrap or blanket

• Umbrella or walking stick

• Small camera and / or binoculars

• A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight

• Collapsible wheelchair / crutches

• Braces or prosthetic devices (provided the guest is dependent on them)

• Briefcase or portable PC which is not being used as a container for transportation of articles, regarded as baggage — exception: laptop - not to be activated without flight crew knowledge / concurrence

• Mobile phone — exception: not to be utilized during flight.

Why not take a proper hand luggage bag or suitcase and put it all in there rather than have numerous bags. Hubby chucks his laptop in his mini suitcase and I do the same with my camera and handbag. Easier to lug round also and can easily take stuff out if you need/want it.

Why not take a proper hand luggage bag or suitcase and put it all in there rather than have numerous bags. Hubby chucks his laptop in his mini suitcase and I do the same with my camera and handbag. Easier to lug round also and can easily take stuff out if you need/want it.

See above.................clothes go in suitcases........................laptops go in laptop bags...................cameras go in camera bags......................no grey areas with autistics :rolleyes:....................wouldn't have him any other way though:laugh:

Never had a problem taking 2 pieces of hand luggage on. I usually put my camera bag under the seat in front of me, and the lappy goes in my overhead locker bag. Be aware that some airlines now weigh your hand luggage, so try to keep it within the weight and size limit. Better that than getting to the front of a long booking in queue and told to go an repack your stuff.

Have a safe flight.

See above.................clothes go in suitcases........................laptops go in laptop bags...................cameras go in camera bags......................no grey areas with autistics :rolleyes:....................wouldn't have him any other way though:laugh:

Sounds just like our eldest! There are no grey areas with her either, and I wouldn't swap her for the world either! If I tell her I'll be there in a minute (meaning some indeterminable time between now-ish and a bit later), she will time me and make sure I am exactly a minute! Literal thinking!

Guest littlesarah

Glad it's all sorted. I thought they must surely allow more than one bag. If you can keep the airline & your son happy, it makes your life easier too! Hope you have a good trip.

Archived