Exciting update I hope, but could do with some advice from others ?

floball67

Hi

Some of you may remember I was on here a few weeks back saying we were playing the limbo game waith to hear if the job for hubby was going ahead. This am we got an email saying all is still good and they are putting things in place at their end. But being a worrier I have a concern. In one of the many emails back and forth they said they were going to bear the cost of the visa. In this latest email they have asked for information from us "so they can start their part of the process" then they have given us a link to the DIAC website saying this is what we might expect from our prespective and what costs are involved. Does that sound like they are expecting us to pay for our part of the Visa and is this normal? And can anyone give me an idea of how much we would have to pay if this is the case?

Hi

Some of you may remember I was on here a few weeks back saying we were playing the limbo game waith to hear if the job for hubby was going ahead. This am we got an email saying all is still good and they are putting things in place at their end. But being a worrier I have a concern. In one of the many emails back and forth they said they were going to bear the cost of the visa. In this latest email they have asked for information from us "so they can start their part of the process" then they have given us a link to the DIAC website saying this is what we might expect from our prespective and what costs are involved. Does that sound like they are expecting us to pay for our part of the Visa and is this normal? And can anyone give me an idea of how much we would have to pay if this is the case?

\

Best advice is to ask them to clarify their position and yours. Simply ask them if they are paying the visa costs.

one other thing is it not illegal for a company to expect us to pay anything towards cost of visa?

I assume this is in regards to a 457 visa?

The company is obligated to pay for the Standard Business Sponsorship and nomination process. They are under no obligation to pay for the actual 457 visa application and with the large fee increases introduced this year it is becoming more common for companies to leave this expense up to the applicant.

Current application fees for a 457 are $1,035 for the main applicant, $1,035 for any secondary applicants over 18 and $260 for any secondary applicants under 18.

Hope this helps

I have been dealing with this recently in a company I worked for. The company has to fill in the 457 nomination form and then, once that is approved, you have to log on and fill in your side of the application form, giving the DIABP all the information they need to process your application.

As others have said, you need to clarify with the company whether or not they will pay your visa costs. If they don't (and only pay the nomination fee), you need to ask yourself whether or not it is really worth it and whether or not you would be better off going down the skilled migration route.

Archived