Best way to contact immigration with a question about points?

Bouncy

Hi again,

I'm trying to e-mail oz immigration to clarify if my degree in child health is appropriate for the extra points? I'm a nurse and my nursing qualification is a diploma so if this degree counts towards more points that would be good. Anyone know of an e-mail address? I've scoured the immigration website and can only find a telephone number, is this the only way to contact someone with a query?

Thanks for any help!!

Bouncy

No use emailing DIBP, they are not immigration advisor's but Government clerks who process visas.

Your qualification probably will get your points but if it was not assessed as part of your skills assessment you would need to get it assessed as equivalent to the Australian Qualifications Framework. It would usually be vetasses that did that, more money & paperwork but if you need the points!

Thank you _shel I've not had skills assessed yet so will be sending all documents to ANMAC, with the degreeive got 65 without 60 so thought the extra 5 wouldnt hurt. So is it the skills assessment body (ANMAC in my case) who determine if your qualifications are relevant? Would they let me know if the degree didn't count? To be fair, I did it as part of my job so it should count!!

Guest Guest 47403

When you have your skills assessed if you are successful your nursing diploma will be assessed as 'commensurate with at least an Australian Bachelor Degree for the purpose points test'.

Your degree in child health is probably pretty much irrelevant tbh.