Parent's visa theoretical question

tubby

Hello I was wondering....If I get the visa, pay for it, then live in Oz for just a few months a year will that be allowed? If I get the visa do I have to live there for it to be valid? My son works in quite a remote area and I think well paid work would be scarce and all I can see is the visa cost rising and rising. What do you think? Thanks, Tubby.

If I get the visa, pay for it, then live in Oz for just a few months a year will that be allowed?

Broadly, when the five year travel period of a permanent residence visa expires, you need to have spent a total of two of the past five years in Australia to get another five year travel period through a Resident Return Visa (RRV). If you have lived in Australia for less time, you may be eligible for a shorter duration RRV which would help you to return to Australia but would then start to give you issues when you renew it if you continue to spend too much time outside Australia.

Hello I was wondering....If I get the visa, pay for it, then live in Oz for just a few months a year will that be allowed? If I get the visa do I have to live there for it to be valid? My son works in quite a remote area and I think well paid work would be scarce and all I can see is the visa cost rising and rising. What do you think? Thanks, Tubby.

There would be no point getting the parent visa just to spend 3 months a year in Australia. You would be very welcome as a tourist, just do that.