189 EOI lodged september...still nothing

mfarrell87

Hi all,

I need some help or advice. My migration agent lodged EOI in September and we have had no invitation since.. my agent is now telling me that requirements have changed and job offer is now a requirement..phoned department in Australia and they said completly the opposite to my agent..is a matter of waiting as invitations are sent out depending on the demand in the economy at the time...I am happy with that and willing to wait but I now am strting to doubt my agent and dont no what to do!!

Really need some help!!

There is no condition of job requirement.

If you intend to apply any visa from 189, 190 and 489 then these visa's are only point based.

You are not getting an invitation depends on range of factors.

Few occupations are getting invitations on pro rate based.

Due to the continuing high numbers of EOIs received for the following six occupations, invitations for these occupations will be issued on a pro rata basis in each twice monthly invitation round over the remainder of the program year. Please also note that SkillSelect first allocates available places to Skilled – Independent (Subclass 189) visas and then remaining to Skilled – Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional – Family Sponsored) visas. If all places are taken up by Subclass 189 visas then there will be no invitations issued for Subclass 489 visas:

• Chemical and Materials Engineers
  • ICT Business and Systems Analysts
  • Electronics Engineers
  • Telecommunications Engineering Professionals
  • Other Engineering Professional
  • Software and Applications Programmers.

The points scores and the visa dates of effect cut-offs for these occupations in the 18 November 2013 invitation round were as follows: Please see the link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-2013-11-18/

If you have to have an occupation in any of above listed is a reason that you are not receiving an invitation.

If not, Please let me know which visa and in which occupation you are intending to apply.

Regards,

Thank you for your reply, the visa that we are going for is a state sponsored skilled migration visa (subclass 189).. my listed occupation is Pre-primary Early Childhood Teacher..have gotten my qualification assessed and they are fine but just feel like there is something not right or maybe I do just have to wait it out.

Thank you for your reply, the visa that we are going for is a state sponsored skilled migration visa (subclass 189).. my listed occupation is Pre-primary Early Childhood Teacher..have gotten my qualification assessed and they are fine but just feel like there is something not right or maybe I do just have to wait it out.

I am not an expert but something isn't quite right with your situation, if you have a state sponsor then your EOI should come back to you very Quickly as state sponsors get priory so my agent told me.

Have you done you IELTS test?

And do you have a total of 60 points? (with the state sponsor)

Also do you know that WA are in the process of changes a few thing so if you are apply for WA this will take longer.

Something is getting a bit confused here. If you submitted an EOI for a 189 Visa in that occupation with 60 points or more, you would have had an invitation within a couple of weeks.

If you submitted an EOI for a 190 Visa (which looks like the likely scenario) then you must apply for Sponsorship from the chosen state and if approved you will receive an automatic invitation to apply for a 190 visa.

How many points do you have without considering State Sponsorship?

If you have done an EOI for a state sponsorship visa it will be the 190 not the skilled independent 189. Not sure which state you are going for but WA has your occupation as 'schedule 2' which does mean that there are limited places and you need a job offer to proceed. That is maybe why you haven't got an invite yet.

Hi, I applied for a state sponsorship in Nov 2013 and as soon as my payment went through on 11/11/13, I received my state sponsorship application approval and an invitation on the same day on 12/11/13. It took me less than 24 hours to receive an invitation from DIAC. I would check if your agent is doing his/her job correctly because that does not seem right if I received an invitation as soon as my state sponsorship was approved.