Bit unsure about incoming passenger card

delicatepotatoe

Hiya i have a quick question. On the incoming passenger card i'm a bit unsure if i should check immigrating forever or to check 1 year instead.

I've got a working holiday visa and the plan is to stay with my partner for a year to forfill the living together requirement for the parthership visa, and also hopefully get some kind of work to help us out. Just before the year is up we'll go and apply for a partnership visa so i can stay.

Thanks

Guest GeorgeD
Hiya i have a quick question. On the incoming passenger card i'm a bit unsure if i should check immigrating forever or to check 1 year instead.

I've got a working holiday visa and the plan is to stay with my partner for a year to forfill the living together requirement for the parthership visa, and also hopefully get some kind of work to help us out. Just before the year is up we'll go and apply for a partnership visa so i can stay.

Thanks

Your intention right now is to visit for 1 year. If subsequently you decide you'd like to apply for another visa once onshore then that's fine. Perfectly legal. After all, you could spend time with your partner in Oz and then decide Oz for you, and off you go. Who knows what the future holds. You aren't bound by what you say on the incomming passenger card...but if you say you intend to stay permanently but arrive on a temporary visa then expect to be grilled, and worse case scenario sent back where you came from as you have the wrong visa for the purpose of your journey!