UK Landlords insurance - Any recommendations?

Chortlepuss

Has anyone had a particularly good experience of UK Landlord's insurance, and if so could you let me know name of insurer? I am renewing my insurance - currently with Equity Red Star Landlord's policy and tempted to stay with them as I've got a fair quote and insurers policy cover seems much of a muchness..... but it's hard to tell how good they would be if you needed to claim (obviously one hopes never to do this)

Many thanks for any suggestions!:biggrin:

Hi I have worked with Equity Red Star and can confirm that they are very fair and quite traditional in their methods of dealing with claims. Always make sure you ready through the policy that is being offered as NOT ALL POLICY ARE THE SAME and usually the cheaper the policy usually means the less cover you are provided.

Watch out for possible future tax changes in the UK which may make small scale short term landlord duties much less attractive.

S

Not a recommendation but the Telegraph has a 'property club' You can find it by googling landlords property club and join free online. They have a lot of tips for landlords, accidental or otherwise including a page which highlights the different risks you may want to think about insuring against. Quite helpful I thought.

I always arranged mine through Simplybusiness.co.uk - really good for comparing policies and easy to administer your policy online once you have it. I had a couple of different insurers, Zurich was one, can't remember the others. Never had to claim though.

Hi I have worked with Equity Red Star and can confirm that they are very fair and quite traditional in their methods of dealing with claims. Always make sure you ready through the policy that is being offered as NOT ALL POLICY ARE THE SAME and usually the cheaper the policy usually means the less cover you are provided.

Watch out for possible future tax changes in the UK which may make small scale short term landlord duties much less attractive.

S

Thanks for that. Other quotes are about the same so I'll stay with Equity