Commuting from Williams Landing (plus schools)

aduffield76

Hi all,

I will be working in Port Melbourne so we are too-ing and fro-ing between looking for 'more for your money' properties on the West side of Melbourne and 'more established but expensive' properties on the East Side.

Williams Landing looks an attractive proposition for basing the family but I am unsure as to the primary school situation and also the commute time.

I hear the station can be stupidly busy in a morning?

I am contemplating getting a scooter (an engined one :cute:) and using that to get to Port Melbourne.

Is there anyone out there who A) lives in Williams Landing and can give me some tips, or B) lives around there and can give some good advice on commute and schools?

Cheers in advance,

Andy

If you have not already done so, join up with the Life in Victoria forum there is a link at the foot of this forum. A few members who can help you out with your questions on it.

Scooter that commute, boy you are a brave person, phew, Westgate Bridge, trucks, trucks, trucks. There is a reason scooters are not seen around the suburbs much, people are a little afraid they have no oomph to get out of trouble. Motor bikes well brave but do have the go go go.

• 1 month later...

What time you need to be in work will affect your commute time. My Husband has to be in work by 6.30am and his commute from Point Cook only takes him 20 - 25 mins at the most. Leave it an hour later and it's a different story.

Don't know too much about WL schools as I only have pre-schoolers. They are building a new one over there I believe.

Archived