Question regarding the partner points

pattern

Hi guys,

Wanted to ask if someone can help with information regarding the partner points. The profession of my de-facto partner is on both on the SOL and CSOL list, however my profession is only on the CSOL list (maybe I can get a positive assessment for a profession on the SOL list, but I have doubts about this). So the question is: will my partner be able to claim partner points for the 189 visa if my positive assessment is for a profession from the CSOL list or he can only apply for 190 visa in this case?

Thank you in advance!

A

On the immi site they just say that the partner profession must be on the same list to claim the 5 points, but there's no mention about the visa class.

There I read that:

"Partner skillsYou can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation".

Every skill on the SOL is also on the CSOL, so in any case, both if someone applies for 189 visa (being on SOL) or for the 190 (being on CSOL) and the partner has a profession on SOL or CSOL, if the rule is applied as written the points could be always claimed.

It is a very interesting question...

On the immi site they just say that the partner profession must be on the same list to claim the 5 points, but there's no mention about the visa class.

There I read that:

"Partner skillsYou can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• were under 50 years of age

• had at least competent English

• had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation

• had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation".

Every skill on the SOL is also on the CSOL, so in any case, both if someone applies for 189 visa (being on SOL) or for the 190 (being on CSOL) and the partner has a profession on SOL or CSOL, if the rule is applied as written the points could be always claimed.

It is a very interesting question...

Indeed, what concerns me most is that the requirement for the 189 visa is that the profession must be on the SOL so it is possible for DIBP to refuse to grant 5 points for a partner if the partner's occupation is only on the CSOL.

Is there anyone who has been in this situation and can share with us the outcome.

Thank you