Quick passport question for first trip back home since moving out to Australia!

junellew

Hello all,

Quick question on passports. We are going for our 1st holiday back to the UK after nearly 3 years in Oz - YAY!!! My hubby and boys are both dual citizens however one of the boys English passport has completely run out and the other will have less than 6 months on it. My hubby will have both UK and Aus passports, I will have UK and we will have a new baby on Aus passport only as don't think we will have time to get the UK sorted (8 weeks old when we fly next April!). Do you think we will have any trouble with the boys just using their Aus ones or should we get new UK ones for them? Don't want to get turned away at UK....we are also doing a few mainland European countries so the less issues the better!

Any advice greatly received! Thanks guys !

If they have valid Australian passports and they have dual citizenship, there is no need to go and get UK passports too. Our children are dual citizens and only have Aus passports due to their UK ones expiring.

Cal x

Thanks, I thought that would be the case but didn't want to complicate things at the airport. Both their aussie passports are valid until 2015 so that will be fine. Should save me some money and time not re-newing! Already struggling to get my visa put into my new passport!

Take the expired UK passports with you and show both to the UK Border staff.

You may also be able to renew them in the UK at a much cheaper cost.

This is what we did when we went back for a holiday in September. Youngest's passport had expired, so we just took that plus her Aussie passport and had no trouble at all.

This is what we did when we went back for a holiday in September. Youngest's passport had expired, so we just took that plus her Aussie passport and had no trouble at all.

Yeah hadn't thought about them getting renewed over there - might have to do that thanks.

I have had to get an Australian name change certifcate to get my visa changed to my new passport as I came over on my maiden name in my passport/visa as I was too lazy and cheap to waste a few years on my passport and get my nae changed when I got married - wish I had now for all the trouble I am having. Just waiting to hear from immigration as to what they want me to do with the damn thing now I finally have it! It is crazy that they would not except my English marriage cert as proof of a name change!

Archived