IELTS reading, worth appealling

pmckin14

Hi All

My partner just got his dreaded IELTS results again this morning, 4th attempt

W8

S8

L7.5

R6.5

I know the reading is very black & white and the answers wrong or right but just wondering has anyone ever had there reading mark changed in an appeal or do you think its a waste of money. I'm hoping maybe they have miscounted or missed something. We have another one booked for 7th December but my partners starting to get really frustrated, he seems to be able to pass everything except the reading :arghh:

Hi Nic

Yes I was thinking that myself, it’s either right or wrong no in betweens I’m just clutching at straws I think. Well even at home his reading is definitely his weak point, but there have been times were he has scored 40 out of 40, but other times he could get 30/40. Though he did feel quite confident in this one, very frustrating to miss it by just half a mark :-(

Hi,

It's only writing and speaking that may be worth appealing! Unless there were extenuating circumstances on the day! Such as disturbance etc etc, but that would need to be highlighted on the day! Otherwise, the answers are right or wrong! No inbetweens sorry!

Go for it again, he'll get there next time, he's so close!

Good luck.

• 7 months later...

Archived