Certified true copies for an online visa application???

ndelame

Hello,

I am collecting the different documents I'll need to lodge an online 189 visa application (skilled visa - permanent)

It is read in skill select and various booklets that the attached documents shall be certified true copies....what's the point if it is a scanned document?! Can't I simply scan the original documents?

Thanks for the help!

Like you said, what's the point in certifying a document that will be submitted electronically because the whole authenticity of a certification is through seeing the original ink signature of the certifier. I always recommend following the guidelines but I can assure you that for a 189/190 visa, a (non-certified) colour scanned copy is fine.

• 4 weeks later...

I had all of our documents certified, I didn't think it was worth the risk of having my application rejected on a small, inexpensive technicality. It only takes your CO to be particularly fussy.

It doesn't have to be a solicitor that certifies them, anybody recognised as an authorised signatory for things such as passport photos will fit the bill. Mine were signed by a friend who is a registered nurse. She just supplied a cover letter detailing her professional registration credentials and name, address etc.

Archived