Credit card for lodging the 189-visa application: transaction immediate?

mcgyver

Hello 189 Applicants,

I am preparing to lodge an application under the 189 category.

Would someone who already applied please tell me whether the credit card transaction takes place immediately? Otherwise, if I borrow a credit card from someone, I will have to ask him/her not to use the available credits for some time until the large chunk (around $6000) is deducted from it by DIAC, in order to avoid the risk of getting a failed transaction due to lack of enough credits.

Thanks.

-- mcgyver

This may sound strange, but, based on my talk with people around me, I think the only option left for me is to go to some businessman who will agree to lend his credit card to me provided that I do not see his card number. Basically, I will fill out everything on the webpage, close my eyes, and then he will put the card number and press the button. Once he says, "transaction is successful".... I will open my eyes...

So, when the transaction is successful, does the page show the card number? I know it is awkward.

This may sound strange, but, based on my talk with people around me, I think the only option left for me is to go to some businessman who will agree to lend his credit card to me provided that I do not see his card number. Basically, I will fill out everything on the webpage, close my eyes, and then he will put the card number and press the button. Once he says, "transaction is successful".... I will open my eyes...

So, when the transaction is successful, does the page show the card number? I know it is awkward.

I'm not sure as our agent submitted ours and just us a copy of the receipt and email from DIAC confirming our application had been deemed as a valid application!

Can you not up your limit or get a credit card for the amount? I think you may be able to use Visa debit too, but not 100% sure on that. If you go on the Immigration site it does list what payment methods are accepted.

Can you not get the credit amount on your card raised temporarily for this transaction by phoning the bank? I know that a few people have done that. If thats not an option you could also consider discussing with the bank whether you can pre-pay a certain amount onto the credit card, so that their risk isn't as high?

Thanks Moobobs and FP215 for your kind replies.

Actually, raising the limit is not feasible for me due to some restrictions imposed by the central bank; country regulations. The max I can go for is 5000 USD which is not enough for my family of 3.

Also to note, the transaction does occur immediately. I rarely use credit card, so immediately after lodging the visa I checked the MBNA website and it showed the pending transaction within minutes. Also later charged me a ''currency fee' which you need to be aware of.

Archived