Anyone else had a telephone interview?

Guest Rebecca

Guest Rebecca

Hi guys

I have to prepare for some telephone interviews and then arrange some face to face interviews for when we arrive. I'm an engineer.

I've never been interview over the phone before and I'm anxious about making a good impression over the phone. I guess its like face to face interviews except I won't be able to see their faces and response.

How did you find it? Any tips/advice? what kind of questions they will ask (same as face to face interviews)?

thanks very much!!!!

Guest Philumission

Hi Rebecca,

Had my telephone interview about a month ago (got my visa yesterday !!).

The telephone interview went well and was not particularly in depth or after any new information. Was more to revisit your application and go over it again in a conversation format. Why/When do you want to go ?Might be a good idea to print your application off and have it to hand.

In my experience I would suggest that it is not as scary as you might think and that a bit of enthusiasm for the migration wouldn't go amiss.

Good luck.

Guest Rebecca

Thanks for the reply. I have already got the visa and will be heading out there in Oct time. I reckon the phone interview will be the same format as face to face eh, so it should be okay and hopefully I can visit the workplace/job later on when I get there.

Thanks again

Guest Philumission

Doh !!

Sorry. Did not read your question fully and thought you meant the telephone interview for the visa.

Hi,

I had a telephone interview - really stange experience as I was interviewed by more than one person - it's a bit surreal talking to a panel who you can't see or read their body language. My experience was that it was exactly like a job interview here, they asked me questions as if I was sat in front of them. The other thing is that you don't need to get dressed up, at 8am I was still in my PJ's!!.

My tips:

1. make sure you've got a quiet place to go e.g. bedroom, especially if you've got children (we'd told mine the day before what was happening and they were really quiet)

2. Print off a copy of your CV or application or any statements you've sent them - that way you can refer to it when you're talking

Good luck with the interview

Ali

Archived