Return flights to UK ...

the bottler

If you are planning well in advance the best deals can often be the early bird ones. Talk to a travel agent about when those are released (or can probably find out online).

My MIL used to book her trips to the UK well in advance and get good deals.

Go on skyscanner - it lets you compare prices. I go back every year and haven't used a travel agent for years - I work out prices on line then book with the airline, never had any problems. best deals are usually taking a budget airline up to the likes of Singapore, Kuala Lumper, sometimes Hong Kong - jetstar/Tiger/Air Asia, then picking up a bigger carrier across. Just got back from the UK and this time I did Air Asia up to KL and Malaysia to London. Decided to stay in KL over night so I could have a day flight to London and even with the hotel added on it was cheaper than many of the other flights.

I found by booking 3-6 months in advance avoiding the school holidays is best time to book, I booked my flights back to the UK 3 months ago and they are now $1800 more expensive for the 3 of us. That's a deposit and first months rent we have saved by booking early.

hope this helps,

Gary.

They plan to go next August and have got a good price ... thank you for replying ...

For future reference, I find bestflights.com.au a good site also jetabroad.com, they search all the airlines and I find them easier to navigate/prefer the layout to skyscanner which is a bit timeconsuming I find

I must admit the air was a little " blue " when he was on skyscanner ... not very patient when he is on the computer anyway ...