Roma migrants could cause riots in cities

simmo

.........wow the attention.........!

..........on a community of people who make up a small part of britains immigrants...

..........the thieves and child abductees recently in the press have whipped up a fear and hatred.......again......for these people....

...........but ......however some sections of the press, the public, the police and politician............

............have often failed to distinguish between the words “some” and “all”.............

..............Just because something is true for the part of a whole, .............

................does not necessarily mean that it is true for the whole.............

...................I do wonder .......amongst the few on here .........who echo these fears and hatred......

.......................how many have experienced life with the 'Roma'......

..........................or at least have first hand.....(not tabloid scaremongering or tv mockumantarys)......

............................experience or knowledge of a people who for ever ......

............................have been persecuted, ridiculed, ill-treated and criminalised,.........

...............................often stripped of their human dignity and were made to feel worthless..........a people we know so much about.....?...................just my thoughts.........tink x

You can slice it any way you like with regards to fear or hatred and what terrible lives these people have in their own countries but at the end of the day that is not my problem or my neighbours problem, like i have said hundreds of times what about the countries that these people come from doing something about it and helping their own people instead of having a mass exodus across Europe to Britain. At the end of the day i don't want hundreds of thousands more people coming to a country that cannot cope already, and if you could enlighten us as to how we will cope with them than that would be useful?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
........perhaps if the daily fail stopped sensationalising with stories such as this........

.........http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2471453/Couple-32-000-year-benefits-demand-bigger-council-house-family-pet-python-arrival-10th-child.html

..........these impoverished people wouldn't come. To Britain with these ideas.....!

............a little like posters looking at Australia/uk ........with their rosé tinted pecs...

.............and some pour soul emigrating on the back of a minority view......

What is the obsession with the Daily Mail?

If the Roma can afford a passport and travel to the UK, he or she would be from the higher end of the Roma society and would have finances to support themselves. The press isn't informing the public that there are restrictions on their movements and the availability of welfare for them........Good old gutter press only issuing sound bites, not the full story.

there was the same scare mongering about the Polish and the Poles I know and worked with were hard working and put the hours and labour in.

I will and would work with anyone who treats me as an equal and puts the same effort into a days work as I do.

Very easy to tar everyone with the same brush. There are a lot of issues, no doubt about it, but it's dangerous to generalise. What really gets my goat is the Daily Mail whipping up a frenzy that all Romanians are poised to invade the UK on Jan 1st. I work with Romanians and it's really not the case.

Roma and Romanian is two different thing...

I would like some of the posters on here to enlighten us as to where all these people are going to go to school, where the jobs are that they are going to do when there is already 2m unemployed and if they cannot work then how will they live, how putting more pressure on the nhs is going to help etc etc etc? Its all very well having the opinion that we can just carry on letting people in but some answers to these questions would be useful.

They won't go to school or they won't go to work either. They will just steal whatever they can to make a living and they will bring violence with them...

If the Roma can afford a passport and travel to the UK, he or she would be from the higher end of the Roma society and would have finances to support themselves. The press isn't informing the public that there are restrictions on their movements and the availability of welfare for them........Good old gutter press only issuing sound bites, not the full story.

there was the same scare mongering about the Polish and the Poles I know and worked with were hard working and put the hours and labour in.

I will and would work with anyone who treats me as an equal and puts the same effort into a days work as I do.

Yet again you can not compare Roma to Polish people ...

And with the passport thing you can travel in the European Union with an ID card which in many countries mandatory and cost nothing.

And your evidence is based on........enlighten me please.

My evidence is based on that I'm a Hungarian citizen lived in Hungary for 22 years(39now ).

And that's what they do. Maybe one family in a thousand as Maruska said do the decent thing and go to work and enrol their children in school. They do steal cables from level crossing and melt away the plastic insulation from the wires and sell them on while the signaling system doesn't work causing accidents and so on...

Guest Guest16631
You can slice it any way you like with regards to fear or hatred and what terrible lives these people have in their own countries but at the end of the day that is not my problem or my neighbours problem, like i have said hundreds of times what about the countries that these people come from doing something about it and helping their own people instead of having a mass exodus across Europe to Britain. At the end of the day i don't want hundreds of thousands more people coming to a country that cannot cope already, and if you could enlighten us as to how we will cope with them than that would be useful?

............how to cope with migration.....?

............when do we pull up the drawer bridge.....?

...........when I came to Australia there were jobs a plenty........it was cheap to live.....

.......... Now with all the new migrants......http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-chat-dilemmas/176394-locals-losing-out-jobs-due-immigration-3.html

...............things have changed......yes most of these are skilled.....

...............but the Roma are taking unskilled jobs in the main........

.............not in my back yard springs to mind....!

Guest Guest16631
They won't go to school or they won't go to work either. They will just steal whatever they can to make a living and they will bring violence with them...

......all of them......?

........every community ...from every country they are part of.....?

.........excuse me if I repeat myself.........but does that mean all French men are good lovers....

..........and Italians good cooks........?

Guest Guest16631
What is the obsession with the Daily Mail?

.......none on my part.......!

........just useing like for like with the OP......

........wouldn't want to be ...unfair ......by useing a factual report.....

.........gutter press.......

..........reporting on a minority to flame a response.......

......all of them......?

.........excuse me if I repeat myself.........but does that mean all French men are good lovers....

Look we are talking about Roma here. My wife is from the Czech Republic where I think Maruska from too. They live the same way as they do in Hungary or in Slovak Republic or wherever they live.

Yet again I'm not talking about Romanians I'm talking about Roma.

......all of them......?

Germans make good sausages, Russians own English football clubs, Australians eat kangaroo and throw boomerangs....lol

Guest Guest16631
Look we are talking about Roma here. My wife is from the Czech Republic where I think Maruska from too. They live the same way as they do in Hungary or in Slovak Republic or wherever they live.

Yet again I'm not talking about Romanians I'm talking about Roma.

.........so too am I....!

Guest Guest16631
You lose your national identity and get over ran with different cultures clashing and bringing living standards down

..........multicultural diversity......

.........when integration is encouraged......

.........or ghettos when ostracised and viewed with suspicion and hatred......

.........as happened with the first African communities,...

.........Italian.....

...........Chinese......all cultures that were viewed with suspicion ......until.....

...........that became accepted as they integrated and locals wandered into their culture....

..........it's a mind set.......bringing diversity.....

...........or taking what's mine.......

.........Italian.....

...........Chinese......all cultures that were viewed with suspicion ......until.....

...........that became accepted as they integrated and locals wandered into their culture....

not all but in a very large percentage you look at all the **** holes in the uk, then look at the residents and there's your link .. Never been a big fan of Australia but like their stance on boat people.. Get rid of them somewhere else. Why should other countries problems become australian problems.

.........Italian.....

Integration was encouraged for the Roma after the 2nd world war in many countries. They just don't want to be integrated.

Just have a look at the picture in this topic in some of the early post when there is caravans and a junk car I'm the middle.

That's their idea of integration into society.

Guest Guest16631

..........crap.....!

..........what a blinkered view........

..........get out and visit all the sh*t holes ....as you call them....( perhaps some are just the desperate last chance some have...)

...........no money no job.........might just affect your choice of decor and furnishings....!

...........mans inhumanity to man.......!

............not just a cliche...................

.......@not all but in a very large percentage you look at all the **** holes in the uk, then look at the residents and there's your link .. Never been a big fan of Australia but like their stance on boat people.. Get rid of them somewhere else. Why should other countries problems become australian problems.

........Paul 1977 's post.....

Guest Guest16631
I've seen it. Lived next to it. What else should I see about it??

.......and my family's experience 's........are so different from yours.......!

..........crap.....!

..........what a blinkered view........

..........get out and visit all the sh*t holes ....as you call them....( perhaps some are just the desperate last chance some have...)

...........no money no job.........might just affect your choice of decor and furnishings....!

...........mans inhumanity to man.......!

............not just a cliche...................

.......@not all but in a very large percentage you look at all the **** holes in the uk, then look at the residents and there's your link .. Never been a big fan of Australia but like their stance on boat people.. Get rid of them somewhere else. Why should other countries problems become australian problems.

........Paul 1977 's post.....

i was born in London and grew up in London. My view isn't blinkered, I've lived it and seen it.. The uk is slowly becoming the dumping ground for the worlds problems.

not all but in a very large percentage you look at all the **** holes in the uk, then look at the residents and there's your link .. Never been a big fan of Australia but like their stance on boat people.. Get rid of them somewhere else. Why should other countries problems become australian problems.

I know areas in the UK with indigenous folk running feral, I also know areas of mixed race running feral....I also know areas which are looked after by the community whatever the race colour or creed. The areas are only ----holes because the residents don't look after the area they live in, they blame society, the council, the government but never themselves.

If they are tarred with a brush before they come over then they aren't going to try because they won't be given a chance.

Archived