October 2013 189 visa applicants

fishbowl84

Yea that is a great help this forum is really good glad it was set up. when are you looking at going then now everything is done. i am very happy for you.

My brother in Australia is booking flight for Dec move for me to spend Christmas there. I cannot decide with finality just yet as I have to sort things on properties and employment contracts. Quite difficult honestly.;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the hardest bit for us will be once we get there. my husband will have to go on his own before me as we are taking our two dogs and we need to find somewhere to rent that will let dogs stay, and our friends out there don't have the space for all four of us.

manilaoz Thanks for that information, do you possibly have the website where i can look into the medical checks i am unsure what cat B is. We have been very much left in the dark about this part of the visa, our agent hasn't given us are log in details as she say the company do like to do that as people have removed paper work and added thing that where not needed :wacko:. I am also a little worried as i got two speeding fines when i was in australia last time i hope this doesn't effect the visa.

Fish bowl is it just you on your visa or do you have a dependent?

application is for myself, my hubby and my daughter. :) hopefully it won't be long now.. fingers crossed!

After 5 weeks, got an email from my CO today. From Adelaide Team 7. I am overjoyed. She/He is requesting for passport photographs (silly me, I never thought they would require this!), husband's IELTS (which I have uploaded yesterday, however still shows as requested), and my evidence for Australian Experience (which I have uploaded on the 12th). We are also still awaiting clearance of the medicals done on 11/11/2013. I have just uploaded the above documents again, and attached it on the email reply just to be sure. Hoping to get the visa by next week!

really great news! I have got my CO this morning too, from Brisbane team 6, he requires form 80 for both of me and my husband and my husband's prove of health.

So I think oct21 gang is getting CO now, wishing all have luck with the grant! :)

Morning Guys!

We've just received our grant :) Party time:jiggy:

To those who haven't received their grants yet, Good luck! Don't lose hope, it's just around the corner!

Thats great news i am hoping that i get a CO before Christmas but i don't think its going to happen.

When did you get you CO a singed to you??

hello Zoiphia,

Since ours was a direct grant, we have no idea when CO was allocated. We never received any mail until the grant. I had a friend who applied almost two weeks after myself, and he received his grant yesterday. He did not claim any work points, and was the only applicant on his application. This could have been a reason why his 189 was granted in exactly 4 weeks.

I guess every case is different. Let's hope you will get your grant before the Christmas holidays.

really great news! I have got my CO this morning too, from Brisbane team 6, he requires form 80 for both of me and my husband and my husband's prove of health.

So I think oct21 gang is getting CO now, wishing all have luck with the grant! :)

have you had medicals for your husband already? we had same dates for lodging and medicals :) some delay with our medicals though as our daughter had to go through echocardiogram as GP heard murmurs in her heart, echocardiogram done on 21/11/2013 and was normal. Just waiting for results to be sent to immi now. Hoping to have grants soon! :biggrin:

have you had medicals for your husband already? we had same dates for lodging and medicals :) some delay with our medicals though as our daughter had to go through echocardiogram as GP heard murmurs in her heart, echocardiogram done on 21/11/2013 and was normal. Just waiting for results to be sent to immi now. Hoping to have grants soon! :biggrin:

My husband had his medical results uploaded by the panel doctor this friday. We only need to provide the 80 forms, which we will do on Monday, and hopefully we will hear our good news soon! Fingers crossed.

Wish you good luck too, fishbowl.

Hi all,

We received our direct grant this morning after only 7 weeks yeeayyyy!!

Applied for 189 on the 14th of October.

Best of luck to you all :jiggy:

i'm really happy for you i am hoping we get ours before xmas but i think i'm dreaming good look with everything.

Anyone have experienced similar situation? I have finished both me and my husband's medical examination, and the panel doctor said she has uploaded the results to DIAC, but in the eMedical system, there is still the link " organize your health examination" for my husband but not for me. I asked the case officer, and he said he has not received my husband's result yet. What could have gone wrong here?

Btw, how is it going with your visa grant, fishbowl84?

Anyone have experienced similar situation? I have finished both me and my husband's medical examination, and the panel doctor said she has uploaded the results to DIAC, but in the eMedical system, there is still the link " organize your health examination" for my husband but not for me. I asked the case officer, and he said he has not received my husband's result yet. What could have gone wrong here?

Btw, how is it going with your visa grant, fishbowl84?

still says "organize your health examination" for us 3. Starting to panic now as Panel doctor said it has been sent last Saturday, 7 days ago, and we haven't heard back yet. Panel Doctor is just in Australia. Followed up with case officer yesterday but got no reply. Hopefully they will receive it soon.

still says "organize your health examination" for us 3. Starting to panic now as Panel doctor said it has been sent last Saturday, 7 days ago, and we haven't heard back yet. Panel Doctor is just in Australia. Followed up with case officer yesterday but got no reply. Hopefully they will receive it soon.

I have contacted CO, my husband's medical result has been referred to MOC so just wait. I check the internet, it is usually 1-3 months. Too bad, seems we can't get the grant this year.

I have contacted CO, my husband's medical result has been referred to MOC so just wait. I check the internet, it is usually 1-3 months. Too bad, seems we can't get the grant this year.

just wondering how you were able to contact your CO? still haven't heard from my CO :(

Hi batman21,

I assume the grant will be quite quick if you have submitted all required documents and without medical results referred. Hope you good luck with the grant :)

Hi Liying

Hope you get your grant soon. I submitted my PCC on 6/12/13 and still waiting for the grant.

I assume the grant usually takes 2-3 weeks or even earlier.

I have submitted all documents on 6/12/13 and medical not referred.

Anyway hoping for a grant this week.. Impatient and nervous..

Hi batman21,

I assume the grant will be quite quick if you have submitted all required documents and without medical results referred. Hope you good luck with the grant :)

Archived