October 2013 189 visa applicants

fishbowl84

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, I applied on the 21st as well. Everything is uploaded and we are just waiting on medicals to clear which we had done a week ago today.

Good luck to us! Have done my medicals yesterday, 11/11/2013. Also waiting for hubby's IELTs results. Other than that, all other documents uploaded. We're now on our 3rd week. Won't be long now :biggrin:

Count me in too. Lodged application on Oct 21, offshore. Just had health examination 11/11. Will have character declaration in two weeks, cause I have to go back to my home country for that. All other documents are submitted.

The status of my uploaded documents are received. What does that mean? meaning I have a CO already or what? Anyone knows about that?

Count me in too. Lodged application on Oct 21, offshore. Just had health examination 11/11. Will have character declaration in two weeks, cause I have to go back to my home country for that. All other documents are submitted.

The status of my uploaded documents are received. What does that mean? meaning I have a CO already or what? Anyone knows about that?

Where are you from? I've read that once it says received, somebody from DIAC has seen it, however, it doesn't mean a CO has been allocated already. I'm hoping we'll all have our visas granted by Christmas, but I doubt that because they probably will have some Christmas break during that time, causing much delays on our applications. But let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

From China, but lives in Sweden. I am afraid the application will be delayed by the Christmas break too. But anyways hope for the best. It' ll be a super good Christmas gift for us if it is granted though.

Where are you from? I've read that once it says received, somebody from DIAC has seen it, however, it doesn't mean a CO has been allocated already. I'm hoping we'll all have our visas granted by Christmas, but I doubt that because they probably will have some Christmas break during that time, causing much delays on our applications. But let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

Hi! May I join in too?

After lodging 5 Oct. 2013 I have uploaded everything including PCC, Form 80 , and Medicals. Expecting delays though since Medicals will be referred due to some declared conditions.;(

There ate changes in CO allocation based on the DIBP website-- within 10 weeks after lodgement.

I wonder, how many expected or scheduled Australian holidays are upcoming? Or it depends on the state?

thanks fishbowl for initiating this thread. Let's keep it going !!

Hi! I lodged my application on 8th Oct (thru an agent) and front loaded all docs required. Did my health checks on the same day as well. Direct grant was received on 19 Nov! I think if you have front loaded all docs, there is a big chance that the application will be processed quicker.

Wishing all of you to have the golden email in the coming days as well. Cheers! =)

Hi! I lodged my application on 8th Oct (thru an agent) and front loaded all docs required. Did my health checks on the same day as well. Direct grant was received on 19 Nov! I think if you have front loaded all docs, there is a big chance that the application will be processed quicker.

Wishing all of you to have the golden email in the coming days as well. Cheers! =)

whoa! That's super quick for a 189! Just got my CO today and was requesting health requirements from me. Though I have done so last October 31 and uploaded everything including Form 80. Perhaps she has not seen my medical results because it must have been referred.

Thanks.! I hope all of us october batch will get grant as fast as you had! Btw, my CO is from Brisbane team 34. Her initials are PM. What team were you under and CO initials? I was hoping to get feedback about progress of other COs;)

mine's from adelaide team 7, initials - SA... :)

Hello guy me and me husband have just got our EOI back after waiting only six day we are very happy but also shocked, could any of you help me out with a few things?

we are going to submit all our paperwork on Friday but we are not sure about the time frame.

How long does it take before you get a case officer?

Once you have you case office how long do it take for s/he to check all The paperwork and grant the visa.

Also can you go anywhere for the you health check or do you have to go to a certain health center.

I have looked into the things above but i'm getting different answers from different people.

Due to us taking our two dogs we need to try and get a time scale so we know when to book there flight and quarantine.

if anyone could help that would be great.

Hello guy me and me husband have just got our EOI back after waiting only six day we are very happy but also shocked, could any of you help me out with a few things?

we are going to submit all our paperwork on Friday but we are not sure about the time frame.

How long does it take before you get a case officer?

Once you have you case office how long do it take for s/he to check all The paperwork and grant the visa.

Also can you go anywhere for the you health check or do you have to go to a certain health center.

I have looked into the things above but i'm getting different answers from different people.

Due to us taking our two dogs we need to try and get a time scale so we know when to book there flight and quarantine.

if anyone could help that would be great.

Hi Zoiphia! Congratulations to you!

Regarding your questions: After lodging your visa application, you have to upload all documents supporting all your points claim in the EOI. Consequently, all other documents submitted may be reviewed once your case officer has been assigned up to 10 weeks upon visa application lodgement. Check the Department of Immigration website for other details of visa application and processing time.

Goodluck to your application;)

Hi Everyone,

Would be great If I could join this forum.

My partner and I lodged our 189 visa application on the 11 October 2013.

Front loaded all documents, including medical and Police clearances.

We have yet to hear from a CO, but lodgement times are about 10 weeks now for189 visas.

But with some people in the October group already getting direct grants, we're hoping ours is just around the corner.

Wishing everyone the best!

Congratulations! Good on you! Did you know you had a case officer before the grant? Hopefully we get ours soon too!

Archived