What to do?

Bromney

UK flat on sale and will likely sell in the next week BUT market is on the way up. Do we sell and use the money for a depoist on a house in the over price Sydney market or do we hold in the hope the UK market continues its climb? At the same we'd have to rent and hope Sydney property market doesnt keep rising.

Ah you would need a crystal ball for this one - anyone's guess - then factor in exchange rates! No help sorry - but honestly no one knows - you have to make a decision based on your own criteria ie what you are more comfortable with - live in rental property in Sydney cos you have a rental in UK or buy home in Sydney

personally If you are happy with the price you can sell for in the UK and once sold, the exchange rate will help you get onto the Australian property ladder, I would go for it.

why take the risk of prices dropping locally or rising in Sydney, exchange dropping, throwing away $500/$750 p.w. on rent while in Sydney.

too many negatives IMO.

Nobody would ever sell a house if they thought they could sell for more later. I think that you should consider if you are happy with the price you have got, if you are, I would take it, a bird in the hand and all that. Sydney prices are increasing and show no signs whatsoever of stopping or falling.

Got 2 more offers overnight, one just 2k shy of our asking price. We've had more viewings and I agree with the views here the Sydney market doesn't seem to be slowing down so we've decided to sell. Need to get on the property market here quickly especially with our first baby only 3 months away!

Thanks for the replies all.

Got 2 more offers overnight, one just 2k shy of our asking price. We've had more viewings and I agree with the views here the Sydney market doesn't seem to be slowing down so we've decided to sell. Need to get on the property market here quickly especially with our first baby only 3 months away!

Thanks for the replies all.

Sounds like you might be able to squeeze another grand out of it.

Throw it out there to both that have put bids in. Tell them that the first to accept your offer gets the house. (Can't help myself, I buy and sell as a profession)

;)

Sounds like you might be able to squeeze another grand out of it.

Throw it out there to both that have put bids in. Tell them that the first to accept your offer gets the house. (Can't help myself, I buy and sell as a profession)

;)

I let the agent deal with it all, we got 100 pounds more than the asking price. I'm taking the money and running!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived