21 Year old looking to migrate

Gwesty

Hello everyone, this is my first post here on pomsinoz.com (I was referred here by a friend).

I'm looking to give up my life here in the UK in search of a fresh start in a warmer country and Australia is my destination of choice. I'll be going it alone and I would probably be looking to migrate to Brisbane but I would like some general information from the experts here on visa types, entry requirements etc.

What kind of options are available to me and what's the best approach to take?

Any help is more than appreciated.

- Gwesty

Hi, Visa type will all depend on your occupation and what visas would be available to you. Have you thought about a Working Holiday visa? That will allow you to visit Australia for 12 months (up to 2years if criteria met). You could do some temporary work to finance your visit. Take a look around and decide if the life would suit you and where you would like to live.

First port of call is immi.gov.au

Look at the SOL and CSOL lists. In order to qualify for a visa you must have an occupation on one of the lists. If it is only on the CSOL you would also need state or employer sponsorship and would need to see if it is on the state list.

There are very few occupations that a 21 year old is going to qualify under. What is your occupation.

I was told that you could go out there on a working holiday visa, then simply approach employers to find a job.

On a WHV you can. But to be sponsored (most commonly for temporary residence) you need to find an employer that is eligible to be your sponsor and there are hoops you must also jump through. To get permanent residence, there are even more requirements, hoops and another visa to apply for. It certainly isn't a simple process.

I was told that you could go out there on a working holiday visa, then simply approach employers to find a job.

I have enough money to pay for accommodation until I'm on my feet.

It is nowhere near that simple. First off, find your job code on the sol or csol and google that number. It will bring up job descriptions with details on minimum qualifications and work experience accepted. If you don't have whatever they ask for then sponsorship won't be an option.

Finding an employer is often a struggle too. And if you find one, often there can be problems with them meeting the sponsorship requirements.

Archived