I've heard the news!

FranG

It's great to hear that all animals arriving after the 4th February 2014 now only have 10 days quarantine.

We have our dog Barney booked to leave the 27th January with Pet Air. Can we change his flight to leave later so he arrives on the 4th? It seems silly that any dog who leaves after him by a few days would be out of quarantine before him!

Please say yes lol..

Thanks in advance.

This is great news, is this 100% correct? i am flying out on the 28th january and was going to be sending Elvis on the 27th also, where abouts are you flying to FranG? im hoping Pet Air will look after elvis so he can only spend 10 days in the quarantine instead of 30, means we will need to find accomodation in only 10 days though which might be difficult!

It's great to hear that all animals arriving after the 4th February 2014 now only have 10 days quarantine.

We have our dog Barney booked to leave the 27th January with Pet Air. Can we change his flight to leave later so he arrives on the 4th? It seems silly that any dog who leaves after him by a few days would be out of quarantine before him!

Please say yes lol..

Thanks in advance.

I would say the old rules apply to Barney:

Important information

After 2 December 2013, the department will no longer issue permits under the old import conditions.

If you are seeking to bring your cat or dog into Australia before 3 February 2014, you must apply for an import permit under the old conditions and book your quarantine facility as soon as possible. Cats and dogs imported under the old conditions will complete the minimum of 30 days in post entry quarantine.

http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/cat-dogs/frequently-asked-questions

Ok you can changed your permit and reapply. I spoke to the quarantine station today. (We are in MEL already) it. Osts 390$ but you should get a refund on what you paid for their full 30 day stay so no extra. He will need to do extra time in use though but I don't worry about that. So happy it's been reduced.

Fran - is the flight already booked? It can be delayed until after 03rd February, but there is a hefty charge to change the permit About £280 for the first one and £200 for any subsequent ones - still cheaper than paying for the extra 20 days quarantine!

We are still making final plans and checking things out with AQIS as some of the aspects are still a bit ambiguous, and we cant actually do anything until December 02nd.

Fran - much better to give us a call and we can help

http://www.petairuk.com

Hey Bob, Catherine has been looking after us so I really don't know. We confirmed dates etc but not sure it's booked. I spoke to quarantine here in Mel and she said that she thought we would be reimbursed the money we have paid to them for 30 days if he only does 10 and an email from animal imports au to say it was 380$ to change and re apply after the 2nd so think that's what we will do. I would pay anything to get him to spend less time there. He's my baby ;)

Will call Catherine on Monday.

Many thanks,

• 3 months later...

Please say yes lol..

Thanks in advance.

I'm so confused, I've heard loads of people on here talking about this new change,

but when I took my cat to the vet the other day he assured me it was still 30 days?!!!!!

Guest The Pom Queen
I'm so confused, I've heard loads of people on here talking about this new change,

but when I took my cat to the vet the other day he assured me it was still 30 days?!!!!!

Please get your vet to look in to this as he is providing wrong information

Archived