UK Passport questions.

flatpack

We plan to emigrate to Oz in August 2014, we have our PR visas. My passport and my OH's passport have plenty of life left in them but our daughter who will be 2 in July 2014 is a different case. Her passport runs out Sept 2017, as we will have only been in Oz 3 years we won't be eligible for Australian passports but will our child? Or will we have to get her another UK passport?

She will have to get another UK passport, you inform immigration of the new passport number and the visa is moved to the new passport electronically. You have to be in Australia for 4 years before you can apply for citizenship...

I was aware of that for me and the OH, just wasn't sure that that was the case for minors.

But obviously you won't need to apply for a new UK passport unless you plan to travel.

If You're staying in Australia until you apply for citizenship then there is no real concern having an expired passport.

Up to you whether you renew it or not.

But obviously you won't need to apply for a new UK passport unless you plan to travel.

If You're staying in Australia until you apply for citizenship then there is no real concern having an expired passport.

Up to you whether you renew it or not.

I have to keep the other half calm, god forbid there was an emergency and our daughter couldn't travel to the UK. It's just not an option.

Archived