Rsms question

Blue

I received my rsms visa mid January 2012, I have 2 and a half months on it before I reach my two years but my circumstances at work have changed. I am now working different hours to what we agreed on which is effecting my home life. I do overtime daily, the work load has at least tripled and the stress of the job is now effecting me to the point that I have been booked off with stress leave. My dr is happy to write a letter confirming how it is effecting me as well as a therapist I was sent to. I would like to hand in my notice at work and start my and company instead. I was wondering if this was possible firstly and if I got another job in the meantime do I have to stay within my field?

thanks,

Nikki

Personally, if I were you I'd hand in my notice, but listing the reasons as the hours having changed from your contract. I'm assuming you have to give one months notice? In which case you are nearly there by that time anyway. Immigration are mostly concerned with if you have made a genuine effort to stay. You obviously have so should be fine.

Haha, thanks not sure about becoming a ballet dancer... I would just like to open a little boutique cafe, instead of carrying on being a baker doing mass production..

I read my visa approval letter again and it doesn't specify anything like that. Only says I have to start within 6 months and have to make an effort to be in the job for two years.

Do I have to notify immi when I leave my job?

Thanks for for your help,

Nikki

Archived