Police Certificate Validity

pomsuser

I was staying in the UK in 2000-20005. I have a police certificate from the UK authorities dating issued in November 2012. Can I use it for visa application or does the police certificate need to be less than 1 year? .

As a rule PCCs have to be current at the date of entry to Australia. A PCC is valid for 12 months, but by the time a visa application is processed you would need a new one.

I came to oz on a student visa. I had to get a UK police check at that time. Two years later when I applied for my 485 visa I has to get another one even though I had not been back. 18 months later my visa was finally processed and I had to get them redone as they were then over a year old. I then was getting ready to apply for the rsms. I got another one (yes, it gets expensive). The visa process took longer than expected and that went over a year old BUT that co didn't request a new one.

So basically, it has to be less than a year old when you apply. If it goes over in that time it is totally up to the co. One of mine asked for a new one, one didn't.

Archived