X-BOX question - English ???

Guest Marie and Paul

Guest Marie and Paul

Hi

The childen want to trade in their ps2 and get an x-box. We have told them to wait until we hopefully in arrive in Oz in the New Year, but I was wondering if we did buy it here, would games brought in oz play on it, would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Marie

not an expert but the only problem you have regarding games consoles and games is the electricity supply, and oz runs the same as uk, so you shouldnt have a problem where as the usa runs on a different leccy supply so you would not be able to mix uk consoles with usa games vis versa. like i said not an expert but im sure ive heard or read this somewhere.

g luck

Guest Marie and Paul

Hi Gazza

Thanks for the reply, thats what we think but not 100% someone else we know is emigrating in Oct so just to be on the safe side we might wait until they get there and see if that is the case.

Thanks for your reply

Guest choobs

Hi Marie,

Console games are region locked these days, much the same as DVDs are. The good news is that Australia is region 2, exactly the same as the UK is. As such, all games bought in the UK will play perfectly on hardware bought in Australia.

If it's an Xbox360 they're after, you might find them stinging you for a Hi Def TV to get the most out of the graphics as well ;-)

So to answer your question if you buy it here you'll need to get an electrician to change the plug (apparently you're not allowed to do that yourself in Oz) for you when you arrive. If you buy it in Oz it'll all just work.

Cheers

Choobs (who knows more about gaming than he does about migrating)

Guest Marie and Paul

Thank you for that, might buy it here then as they seem to be slightly cheaper. HDTV - we have one for the main living area - won it in a competition whether or not i'll allow the boys one is a different matter, not that we have used the HD feature as over here it will cost £299 for a HD sky box. not really worth it as we hope to be there for Feb.

Appreciate your reply

Marie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Missiemo

We changed the plugs on our electrical stuff with no problem, I am sure if you are not allowed to do them yourself then they would not sell them to the general public in the hard ware shops.

Good Luck

Otherwise you can always use travel adaptors temp', we also brought with us english multi plugs strips, which we plug into a travel adaptor then just plugged in multi english plugs in the strip.

Think that makes sense, after all am only a mum

Archived