Notarizing skills assessment (ANMAC)

richard300

Hi, Just looking for some clarification on sending all the paperwork for skills assessment.

My wife has separate documents that need to be sent of to ANMAC for skills assessment....

Previously i had spoken to my mums solicitor (during the course of a meeting regarding a non related event) and he said he could whiteness the copies and sign them for a small donation to charity.

However, i sent him an e-mail yesterday and his response was that one of his colleagues would have to do this as they are for a foreign country and that a proper Notarizing solicitor would have to do this - at a cost of £75 a document.

Does this sound correct? or would my 'normal' solicitor's signature and stamp be adequate?

Thanks.

For ANMAC I used normal solicitors and had no problem. However for AHPRA, they require a notary public or some other type of correct person to certify the docs, so it may be easier just to get a notary public to sign everything anyway. Notary publics tend to charge around £80 a document, and then more for multiple documents...so get quotes and shop around, some are much more expensive than others.

Hope this helps :-)

Your local court will also certify them all correctly for free or a small fee...

That's true, I went to Brighton magistrates, cost £25 but they were rude and did it wrong, so i used solicitors after that and found it a much nicer experience. TBH it was probably just Brighton Magistrates court who were rude and badly organised, others are probably fine.

like lorna i was told at magistrates court it would be £25 for all , ended up free for all and i had 10 documents signed by 'justice of the peace' or has to be magistrate, you just have to get there before court starts so they can fit you in before . you can definitely get it cheaper than £100 so dont be ripped off ! you have enough to pay out for!

Sunderland Magistrates charged me £25, was an experience having to stand in the Witness box! I thought even ANMAC needed notaries, not just AHPRA? I was at Magistrates 3 times!

yes , be prepared it is very formal !!! but worth it rather than pay £100s £s,

Thanks for the feedback - Just phoned Brighton Magistrate court who told me they would want £25 (per document), however having read a previous post in this thread on How Brighton can be rude and not do it correctly, i think i'll give it a miss....

I'll contact the original solicitor and explain that don't need the use of their Notary.

What am i actually asking the solicitor to do?

I got solicitors to do mine, rang round for the best price (fancy office seemed to equal a fancy price). Do check with the ANMAC though as they used to send the file to the nursing board of your choice - they may very well do this with AHPRA and it will mean you don't have to duplicate lots of documents.

Archived