Steps after EOI

pomsuser

As for waiting times that all depends on a lot of things and you won't be able to get an answer from anybody but some of the visa lodged threads should give you an idea.

Next you will get an invitation to apply, when you apply you'll need to pay for the visa. You then get a set amount of time, can't remember how long but I think it was about 24 days to upload the documents.

You can either preload the police checks and medicals when you upload the other documents or wait until you are assigned a case officer who will ask for them. Its probably a safer option to wait until the CO asks but if you are in a hurry to get out there then preloading may speed up the application. You will usually have to enter Asutralia within a year of the police checks or medicals, whichever is sooner.

hi , i will be the main visa 189 applicant . going with my husband and 2 kids . do you have to pay for all 4 visas straightaway ? also what does preload medicals/ police checks mean please ? how would you go about organising this before a case officer allocation? one more thing sorry, do you scan certified docs for diac or just originals . thanks

Once they invite you to apply....is there a time limit to do this?

and what documents are they likely to ask for?

A a general rule of thumb, they will ask for documents that prove everything you have said in your application.

So if you claimed points for ten years of work experience, they will want the proof. If you said your name was Rupert and you were born on 1st January 1980 they will want the proof (birth certificate). If you said you were married, they will want the proof of that too (marriage certificate). And so on.

On immi website it says it has to be certified copies scanned...but ive read ppl on here say if its colour scanned its ok and been accepted and its just black and white scans that are refused..for my 457 I colour scanned originals not certified and it was ok...when I apply if I can get copies certified easily enough I'll do that but if not im just scanning originals...front loading means doing meficals etc before your co requests them..theirs some info on the website..but nd to not do them too soon or they will need to be done again..im going to frontload as im already in australia and want everything to go through quickly..once you lodge application and have number u can book medicals wth certain clinics..list on immi website...and the clinic uploads to your application so their already there for when co comes to review your application..some ppl on here said that if you have everything they need then co wont even need to contact you and will just grant visa...

Are we required to send our original passports or is it at first landing in Australia only that we need to produce the passports?

As everything is electronic you do not need to physically send your passports in. You will need to upload a colour scan during application but then it is a case of showing the passports at immigration when you arrive (as you would do if you were a tourist). You can pay for a label so you have something physical in the passport, if this was the case then you'd need to send them off.

I see that people can front load their docs. Actually I need a request from DIAC to be able to apply for a police certificate. Also there is a need to produce another paper for medical exams. Are these papers provided at invite or before a CO is assigned?

I see that people can front load their docs. Actually I need a request from DIAC to be able to apply for a police certificate. Also there is a need to produce another paper for medical exams. Are these papers provided at invite or before a CO is assigned?

I need to get the letter from DIAC in order to apply for police check in my country (Hong Kong). My agent told me I need to wait until I got a case officer assigned, then the case officer will give me the letter. I was wondering if I can ask them for the letter earlier too...

Upload evidence of the points you are claiming. . Do you think they need to see secondary school results or your wife's education? Do you think including a transcript is a good idea to further prove your qualification? Include what you want and feel is required. Alot of these questions you should be able to answer yourself or had answered through your reading of official websites...I am not including my secondary school qualifications, im not including my hudbands qualifications..I am going to upload my qualification certificate and feel that will be enough but as I have transcript I will upload that also just to be sure

Archived