How long will the 'University Lecturer' be available in the NSW Skilled Occupation List ?

Helana

Hello Friends

I am a University Lecturer. I want to apply for the NSW state sponsorship as a University Lecturer. Unfortunately, I won't be ready to apply until February 2014. You know that this occupation has been enlisted in the NSW List of Occupations on July 2013.

My question is: Will this Occupation ( University Lecturer - 242111) be available in the NSW List of Occupations until February/ March 2014 ? Or it can be suspended any time ?

I am very worried because I noticed that one of the regional are has been suspended for this Occupation last week !! :(

I will highly appreciate your kind suggestion and comments. Please help.

N.B: I am hoping that VETASSESS will assess my Masters Degree positively for the Occupation as University Lecturer. But my PhD (from Australia) result is due soon. And I want to claim 25 points (PhD 20 points + Australian degree 5 points) for NSW state Sponsorship.

Do I need to assess my PhD for claiming 25 points, although my Masters degree will have been been positively assessed already ?

Hello Friends

I am a University Lecturer. I want to apply for the NSW state sponsorship as a University Lecturer. Unfortunately, I won't be ready to apply until February 2014. You know that this occupation has been enlisted in the NSW List of Occupations on July 2013.

My question is: Will this Occupation ( University Lecturer - 242111) be available in the NSW List of Occupations until February/ March 2014 ? Or it can be suspended any time ?

I am very worried because I noticed that one of the regional are has been suspended for this Occupation last week !! :(

I will highly appreciate your kind suggestion and comments. Please help.

There is no way to predict what the lists will look like even next week.

• 2 months later...
There is no way to predict what the lists will look like even next week.

Hello Friend,

I am sure you have noticed that NSW has stopped taking applications for this year :(

I am at the assessment process.

The only region which now accepts University Lecturer is NT. Any idea about job openings there?

Hello Friend,

I am sure you have noticed that NSW has stopped taking applications for this year :(

I am at the assessment process.

The only region which now accepts University Lecturer is NT. Any idea about job openings there?[

The Northern Territory isn't known for its University.... I think the job openings there might be somewhat limited! There may be some research posts possibly... research fellow is classified as the same job as lecturer because you can interchange between the two areas.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Sammy,

I agree but I have not reached that stage of application. I just noticed that they have circulated a draft list for 2014 to agencies for discussion which does not have 'University Lecturer'. They say that the new list will come into play from March.

My documents reached VETASSESS on 14/Jan and they say that usual time is 8-12 weeks. I really don't know.

NT is the only place where 190 is open for 'University Lecturer' . NSW was open but it has closed now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends,

i need your help, my consultant told me that i should apply for University lecturer 242111 as i have masters and 3 year experience. i want to know that how much possibility to get visa by applying for this program ? i am really confused !!

is it still open or closed ?

Hello friends,

i need your help, my consultant told me that i should apply for University lecturer 242111 as i have masters and 3 year experience. i want to know that how much possibility to get visa by applying for this program ? i am really confused !!

is it still open or closed ?

Hello Deeeptj,

You will need IELTS and skills assessment done by VETASSESS.

Note that right now 'University Lecturer' is not there on any state's list (not to mention not on federal SOL). My application was recently denied by NT. It was there in NSW and we will have to wait till July to know whether they will open it again or not.

Best Regards,

• 2 months later...

Helana, Have you got any news re the assessment of your PhD? They assessed it as a qualification or employment? I guess they assessed it as an employment if you had scholarship, not qualification because you may not have one year work experience afterwards. Is that so?