Guest JUSTDOIT

Hello Folks, this is my timeline

Applied online on 03/10/2013

Test on 23/10/2013

Approved on 23/10/2013

Tentative Ceremony date is 12/11/2013

:biglaugh: God is good

Hi There,

Congrats on your citizenship . It is amazing how fast it was for you. Is it an urgent or normal ceremony ? Did you do anything special ;) . Let me know cause i'm very close to apply and am always worried about how long its going to take .

Thanks

Guest JUSTDOIT

Thank You Jalils! It has really been a fast process for me. I was advised it could take up to 3 months for the test and up to 6 months for the ceremony but all worked out pretty fast. And yes! It's an urgent ceremony for Uni.

Thank You Jalils! It has really been a fast process for me. I was advised it could take up to 3 months for the test and up to 6 months for the ceremony but all worked out pretty fast. And yes! It's an urgent ceremony for Uni.

That's great! We're eligible on 25th November and I have 16 year old who is starting Uni in Feb so REALLY helpful if hers could go through!

Guest JUSTDOIT

They process it pretty quick for Uni students. And i saod done because even though i have not had the ceremony yet,it's just around the corner. The census date for Uni is 19th November so it's done

Hey!

My timeline is similar. Applied 5/10, test on 24/10 and approved on 24/10. I have my Uni census date coming up in first week of Dec so I applied for emergency ceremony on 25/10. How did you hear back so soon about your ceremony date? Did you CO arrange it or you applied after being approved?

Cheers!

They process it pretty quick for Uni students. And i saod done because even though i have not had the ceremony yet,it's just around the corner. The census date for Uni is 19th November so it's done

You do realise though, that you are not a citizen yet ? until you have the ceremony.

But congratulations and you can soon call yourself an Aussie.

• 2 months later...

sorry to pump this thread up, can I ask what reasons one can use to apply for urgent ceremony? about the uni, what difference does that make to non citizen apart from the fees? Did you have to show any proof that you are going to uni? I am eligible for the test late March and want to get the passport done asap after due to family reasons in USA. With Australian passport means I won't have to apply for a visa to USA which can be declined and costly. Thanks

I said I got uni but I cannot afford to pay upfront.

Fees are the same for PRs or citizens, there are eligible for local fees. The only difference is that PRs need to pay the fees upfront without loan.

Citizens can defer the payment into the tax system via a loan called HECS and repay that after their income reaches a certain threshold.

I had to put in a urgent ceremony form and attach some evidence to prove that I had enrolled into a course and the fees were due.

I am not sure about your situation, but you can try. As long as you have a compassionate reason I don't see why they will decline it.

Good luck. XX

sorry to pump this thread up, can I ask what reasons one can use to apply for urgent ceremony? about the uni, what difference does that make to non citizen apart from the fees? Did you have to show any proof that you are going to uni? I am eligible for the test late March and want to get the passport done asap after due to family reasons in USA. With Australian passport means I won't have to apply for a visa to USA which can be declined and costly. Thanks

Archived