Help: Valuer - 186 or 189?

ahkuzai

Hi guys,

i'm currently on bridging visa (waiting for my 485) and working as an assistant property valuer in a local firm. I wonder which is the best option to get PR? 186 or 189?

i worked as partime assistant valuer (20 hours per week) since feb till Sept and just started as fulltimer recently.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/v/valuer.htm

Btw, do anyone know is valuer needed to get registration before applying PR?

Hope someone will help me.

My personal details:

23 years old this year.

6.5 over ielts

i took master of property valuation in Australia.

Worked as part time assistant valuer from feb to Sept.

working as full time assistant valuer now.

Edited by ahkuzai

Hi guys,

i'm currently holding 485 visa and working as an assistant property valuer in a local firm. I wonder which is the best option to get PR? 186 or 189?

i worked as partime assistant valuer (20 hours per week) since feb till Sept and just started as fulltimer recently.

I daresay whichever one you can get. You would need a skills assessment for both those, so have you looked into that. Then for the 186 you would need a wiling and able employer to sponsor you and for the 189 you would need to pass a points test. So assess which one you can get..

I daresay whichever one you can get. You would need a skills assessment for both those, so have you looked into that. Then for the 186 you would need a wiling and able employer to sponsor you and for the 189 you would need to pass a points test. So assess which one you can get..

Hi Rupert, for the 186 do i need to work for the employer for certain times in order to apply? The annoying part now is i don't know whether or not i needed to get registered to qualify for applying PR.

Hi Rupert, for the 186 do i need to work for the employer for certain times in order to apply? The annoying part now is i don't know whether or not i needed to get registered to qualify for applying PR.

There is no requirement to work for the employer for a certain length of time, but there are other requirements, like skills assessments and work experience generally. So you need to look into the requirements for skills assessment and the two visas.

Hi guys,

i'm currently holding 485 visa and working as an assistant property valuer in a local firm. I wonder which is the best option to get PR? 186 or 189?

There is insufficient information for anyone to advise you.

What skills assessment did you undertake for your 485?

When was your 485 granted?

When did you sit IELTS and what were your band scores?

How old are you?

Which course or courses did you complete in Australia and where?

May I suggest that you put the full facts of your case to a registered migration agent for advice about strategy?

There is insufficient information for anyone to advise you.

What skills assessment did you undertake for your 485?

When was your 485 granted?

When did you sit IELTS and what were your band scores?

How old are you?

Which course or courses did you complete in Australia and where?

May I suggest that you put the full facts of your case to a registered migration agent for advice about strategy?

Thanks Wrussell, i added my details on the first post.

Hi Blossom79, i don't have the three years experience. So i'm not qualify for 186? Is the 8 months part time been considered?

For the 186 visa you need three years post qualification work experience, 8 months part time falls far too short... you would also require a positive skills assessment since you have not worked for this current employer for two years.

Thanks Wrussell, i added my details on the first post.

Your overall IELTS is irrelevant, you need 6 on every sub test to satisfy the core requirement and at least 7 on every sub test to be awarded points.

To be granted a 485 you must have satisfied the Australian Study Requirement. Study at a regional campus (as defined) is worth an extra 5 points.

Do you have a full VETASSESS skills assessment or a '485' (qualifications only) skills assessment?

If you are working as an 'assistant' You might have trouble claiming points for work experience.

Please do not take any of this this as professional advice. I suggest that you consult a RMA to develop a strategy.

• 7 years later...