Advice from all you dog owners please

gparkes

Hi All,

I know my dogs have just arrived here but i am left wondering what to do or if anyone else has looked into the process of export??

I am not thinking of returning to the Uk anytime soon but we are here on a 457 visa and it worries me that if anything happened with the OH' job we can be sent back to the UK within 30 days and the process to move the dogs back seem to be a 6-7month process:shocked:

Is it worth getting the dogs vaccinated against rabies now and the process of that started and kept up to date just incase we want to move back in a hurry?? Has anyone else done this? or can it even be done with out a export date?

It just worries me them either being stuck here or in UK quarantine for months!!!

I know i should have had the pet passport done but we got offered a job in November and were here in December and i didn't want to be without them for months over here.

Any advice or stories of shipping dogs back to the UK would be grat to give me an idea of what i should do to prevent this happening would be great

Gail

Archived