Advice regarding stayback options after postgraduation in australia

arju

hey guys

I am looking to pursue a postgraduate course in Networking and Security in Australia. Its a 1.5 year program and hence I won't meet the Australian study requirement and won't be eligible for the post-study work visa. Can anyone suggest me some options to stay in Australia after my studies.? And, do international students usually manage to find a job there before their student visa expires.?

Thanks

Arju

Welcome to the forum. The job thing is individual. Some do, some don't. Or some do, but not in their field. That happens a lot.

Your only option would be employer sponsored, which you may struggle with without post graduate work experience.

Personally I would come on the assumption that you will have to leave at the end of your course, then if you do manage sponsorship it is a bonus.

hey guys

I am looking to pursue a postgraduate course in Networking and Security in Australia. Its a 1.5 year program and hence I won't meet the Australian study requirement and won't be eligible for the post-study work visa. Can anyone suggest me some options to stay in Australia after my studies.? And, do international students usually manage to find a job there before their student visa expires.?

Thanks

Arju

If the reason you want to do the course in Australia is because you think you can stay on afterwards, well to be honest I would not do the course at all. You should certainly expect to leave at the end of it. If moving to Australia is the goal, I would look to get qualifications and experience in your own country and then pursue skilled migration later.

hey guys

Thanks

Arju

Run your case past a regisrered migration agent for advice about your course of study and the course provider.

Run your case past a regisrered migration agent for advice about your course of study and the course provider.

Double check everything you are told if you do this. Two out of three when I was choosing a course told me I could get pr with courses I couldn't. And remember, even if it could happen now, rules change. Often quickly and dramatically. They changed when I was less than a week from applying for pr!

Double check everything you are told if you do this. Two out of three when I was choosing a course told me I could get pr with courses I couldn't. And remember, even if it could happen now, rules change. Often quickly and dramatically. They changed when I was less than a week from applying for pr!

Precisely.

The are no guarantees in this business.

I have several clients who are battling, we expect to win.

They would have qualified easily if they had completed their studies at a regional campus; worth +5 points.

Never rely on course providers or eduction agents for migration advice.

Two out of three when I was choosing a course told me I could get pr with courses I couldn't.

I doubt that any of the RMAs who regularly post on this forum would offer this sort of advice.

I didn't select the course just to get into Australia somehow. I love the field which I am intending to learn and morover, I look forward to living on my own and experience the culture firsthand. Since I am spending a fortune on my education, I really don't want me wandering without a job after the course.

Infact, the course at monash comes with a 6 month work component which they call professional practice. Does the Australian firms usually go for international students by sponsoring them for an employer visa.? I heard that without a visa, no companies are gonna opt for u. Do u guys think it's unwise for me to still hope to get a job within my student visa period.?

Archived