Car boot any tips

Guest jordan

Guest jordan

Well we’ve decided to do a car boot in the next few weeks (depending on the weather). Never done one before I was wondering if anyone could help with any tips or advice. Not sure what to price stuff at, like videos, books , kids clothes. Haven't been to a car boot for years and to be honest I’m not looking forward to doing one. But the husband wants to do it so going to give it a try.

Stacey xx

Guest bshootz

Hi Stacey,have done quite a few, from my experience kids stuff goes like hot cakes,i never price the stuff,but have a rough idea what i would like for it and then add a couple of quid on top, coz people always try to get you to come down on the price,and some people just want you to give your stuff away :? .If the weathers good it can be quite good fun,yake a tin of change as well,you'll always get someone give you a twenty for something that costs a couple of quid !!. :D You and your hubby go together ,when you get bored he can take over. Good look hope you make a few quid :lol: Beckyx

Heard you have to get up really early - which isn't a problem for me but hubs and kids not particularly good at getting up and don't want to do it on my own. We have a second hand market in town, so I was thinking of doing it there.

Guest THE JONEZYS

Stacey,

although Becky is right, you don't want to give it away, what else will you end up doing with it it :?:

My mum and I have been doing bootsales all this summer and I have now got to the stage where if it doesn't go in the next 2 weeks it is going to the charity shop so I might as well sell it cheap rather than not at all. (sorry charity shops but this visa business is expensive so at the moment charity really does begin at home)

We never price anything but do usually have an idea of what we want for something.

Have fun and good luck

Lesley

Guest Hayley

Hi Stacey, We done a car boot last week, got rid of most stuff then took the rest down the charity shop. Every penny counts at the moment so get what you can for it.

Hayley

Hi I'm with Hayley on this one, sell your stuff for what you can, kids stuff sells well, toys don't sell brilliantly and neither do books. Designer clothes don't do bad at all and if this helps, I sold my car at a car bootie a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't even selling it there, just took the stuff in it!!

Jackie

Guest jordan

Well did the Car boot made £100 which we were very happy with. Got there at 6.45am and it was packed, Husband really enjoyed it me not so much. Got fed up of people haggling over 10p and people asking me "does it work" as if I would say "well actually no it don't" :D (even though it did all work :D ) But all of our stuff went so we can crack on with cleaning all our tools and Garden furniture ready for shipment.

Thankyou for all the tips and advice, one tip that I can pass on take loads of carrier bags with you everyone wants a bag.

Stacey xx

Archived