Driving from Brisbane to Perth

Gilllian

I'm thinking of driving from Brisbane to Perth (for a permanent move), loading my car up with stuff.

I know, it's a long drive :biggrin:

I'm not in any great hurry to do it, can spread it over a week.

Can anyone recommend places to stay on-route, cheaper places to fuel up, etc?

Or any tips would be appreciated!

Thank you!

You'd better get a good vehicle check before departure and make sure you carry spare engine belts, a top radiator hose, and plenty of water ( for you and the radiator). Many of these long trips go pear shaped for silly reasons. Upside is you'll really get a handle on Australia, something very few poms do.

You'd better get a good vehicle check before departure and make sure you carry spare engine belts, a top radiator hose, and plenty of water ( for you and the radiator). Many of these long trips go pear shaped for silly reasons. Upside is you'll really get a handle on Australia, something very few poms do.

The road during season is full of Poms, even though many are back packers....

Sorry Brisbane to Perth in 1 week? By car? Am I missing something? I think you'll find it will take you longer than that. It ttook me a week to get to Adelaide from Melbourne, Melbourne to perth? 3 weeks

Can be done in 4 days, but easier to take at least a week, maybe 10 days.

I have done Northern NSW to Perth in 4 days and that was when the Nullabor was only bitumised for half its length.

Cheers, Bobj.

Can be done in 4 days, but easier to take at least a week, maybe 10 days.

I have done Northern NSW to Perth in 4 days and that was when the Nullabor was only bitumised for half its length.

Cheers, Bobj.

Just remembered...As you will be driving west, the sun will be in your eyes in the late afternoon and the roads are long and straight.:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived