Obtaining police clearance from RCMP Canada

mcgyver

Hello,

Is anyone in a similar situation to mine to obtain police clearance on oneself who lived in Canada? This seems to be time-consuming and complicated for those who left Canada.

Apparently, RCMP requires digital finger printing before issuing any sort of clearance on an individual. Anyone who left Canada has to get his finger prints taken manually at the local jurisdiction, after which the prints can be sent to any of the agents approved by RCMP in order to have it all "digitized", that in turn can be sent to RCMP...... so tedious!

One side-question: I never visited Canada after I left. So, if I get a PCC, will it have an indefinite validity? I mean, the records on how I lived and what I did there will not change with the passage of time unless I visit again.

Please share your experience if you have any. :-(

Thanks.

Hi, son had same issue with US police clearance, had to get fingerprints done and sent to FBI for checking. Yes it was a long process but he has been told if he has not returned to US he will not need to supply another clearance.

• 5 months later...

I was having the same problem. The waiting time of 22 weeks seemed to be too much.

I contacted a company Worldwide Forensic Services Inc" in Canada and hey helped to obtain it in one week. The sent me some forms via email. I took my fingerprints and sent them over to this company. They digitized my fingerprints and sent them to the RCMP electronically. This process reduced wait time to couple of days.

I would recommend this company to every one in need of police clearance from Canada in a best possible way.

Jasmine

Hello,

Is anyone in a similar situation to mine to obtain police clearance on oneself who lived in Canada? This seems to be time-consuming and complicated for those who left Canada.

Apparently, RCMP requires digital finger printing before issuing any sort of clearance on an individual. Anyone who left Canada has to get his finger prints taken manually at the local jurisdiction, after which the prints can be sent to any of the agents approved by RCMP in order to have it all "digitized", that in turn can be sent to RCMP...... so tedious!

One side-question: I never visited Canada after I left. So, if I get a PCC, will it have an indefinite validity? I mean, the records on how I lived and what I did there will not change with the passage of time unless I visit again.

Please share your experience if you have any. :-(

Thanks.

It all depends when you need the check. Remember the check only lasts a year. If you are in Australia you will likely also need an AFP check too. We went the manual route and got the paper finger prints from the cop shop and sent them to Canada. We didn't have to get them digitized. It took less than 90 days. But we didn't get a CO until after a year. Since we didn't move back during that time we didn't have to get another one, just the AFP check. If you have a case officer now and they are asking for it then go the quick route with one of the recommended agencies otherwise if you have time just go the normal route.

I just noticed that as of 1 July that they will have to be digitized.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

Hello Everyone,

Yes, I used the digitization service offered by a third-party company named Worldwide Forensic Services Inc and got an RCMP certificate within 10 days of sending my fingerprints to that third-party company. It was in December, 2013. The certificate is black-and-white, not in color. So, I contacted Worldwide Forensic Services and they told me that RCMP always issues black-and-white certificates.

Those of you who obtained RCMP certificates, kindly verify whether yours were also black-and-white. :-)

Archived