Graphic design jobs Adelaide

thekeans

• 10 months later...
Guest tonystevens

Hi,

Did you have any joy about finding out about design jobs in Adelaide?

My family and I are probably moving out to Oz, hopefully within the next 18 months. We are thinking about Adelaide to, but not sure if there are many opportunities.

I've been in the ad and design industry for 20 plus years but not sure if they're even looking for that kind of experience!

Maybe we should get together and start our own company out there!!!

Hi Tony,

We decided to put it all on hold for a few years until 2nd child is a bit older and house prices sort themselves out here as no way we can sell at the mo.

I do know that graphic design is on the wanted list for SA for state sponsorship, not too sure about ad.

We actually decided to move to a new town instead and husband got a nice new job as figured change was better than nothing!

Would still love to go someday but thinking Sydney is much better for ad and design from the research that we did. There are more companies and pay is better. I lived there for a bit and it is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city.

Good luck with your move and research.

Clare Kean

Guest tonystevens

Hi Clare,

Many thanks for getting back to me so soon.

I agree about Sydney having better career options. But, I think for us with the research we have done so far, Adelaide came across as being a little better for a family way of life, plus I think property is a little cheaper.

To be honest we don't know where to try yet, it's still very early days for us, in the whole decision making process. We have 2 young children as well, 2 boys. A 3 year old and an 11 month old. It's going to be such a massive wrench to move away from our families.

All the very best when you finally make the decision to go.

Tony Stevens.

Hi Tony,

Adelaide is the only place that we would probably be able to move to even though my husband likes Sydney. My husbands job as a graphic designer is sponsored by SA and we do not have enough points for an independant visa.

What part of the process are you going through??

We have a 3 year old daughter and a 16mth old son so ours are very young too. I think we will get the skills assessment done and then save up to have the main visa bit done.

Be good to keep in touch seeing as we have family the same age and might end up in adelaide. Where in the uk are you from?

Clare

Guest tonystevens

Hi Clare,

We really are at the very early stages. Haven't applied for any visa yet, but it seems as though my wife stands the best chance of getting one at the moment as she may be able to get sponsored by Barnardos who she works for here. Hopefully!

Although I do have family in NSW so that may be helpful too.

Are you going through one of the visa agencies or doing it independently?

You say your husband already has sponsorship through SA, how did you go about that?

We live in the West Midlands. I presume you are from Bournemouth, nice part of the country!

Hi,

We moved to Cheltenham last May, hence the change of town. We have not done any via things yet I have just done alot of research and know that for my husbands occupation we could only go if we applied to be regionally/state sponsored and the only state with graphic design on the list is SA hence Adelaide. Thats is our only route in as only have 2nd cousins living there and not enough points to go independantly. We will probably do it ourselves- mad I know but can not afford fees and I am good at reasearching and finding info. Have you watching Wanted down under, they have had adelaide on quite a bit.

Guest MarkIngram2009

My wife and I have applied for state spon sponsorship on the back of them having Graphic Designer on the wanted list. My wife's background is mainly in textile and web design...whereas I have been a manager of a printing company and do everything from graphics, customer service, business development, admin, marketing...and since we introduced digital print I have learnt the ins and outs of a Xerox 242 and also various finishing equipment...looks like quite a few printing companies in Adelaide so hoping to be able to get into that.

Just waiting for the news if we've been accepted or not...even if we don't make it this time we will try again...just want to go there so much. Perfect for bring up a family like ours.

• 2 years later...
Guest tweety26

hey guys, im new here and hope that maybe someone can help me. i'm from switzerland and wish to work in australia, but because we dont have a contract with australia, it's just allowed for me to work on my occupation (florist and graphic designer) and JUST WITH SPONSERING! So does someone knows a company in Adelaide or Melbourne who sponsers people in graphic design? fran

• 3 weeks later...

HI.

Interested to follow this thread as my Wife is a Graphic Designer and I am a construction design manager.

Wife is exp in Newspaper layout, advert design and general pre-press production.

I am exp in Timber Frame - off site construction design & manufacture and site management.

IF any one knows where we might get work in the Adelaide area so we can get a 457 visa, or a RSMS visa we would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

DV

Archived