police checks and medicals!!

pinknurse83

Hi, Im new to this forum but myself and husband are about to start the skilled visa process. Firstly I am doing the skills assessment before lodging the EOI, however does anyone know when and how we are supposed to get medicals and police checks done?? Would be grateful for any advice. p.s we are also in two minds whether to use and agent, we both work full time and the thought of all this organising is overwhelming however I've seen that a few people are doing it themselves, any advice on this would be appreciated.

Police checks and medicals are after you have lodged the visa, so quite a way off for you yet! As for an agent, if your case is likely to be in any way complex then use one! Otherwise I think it is manageable to do it on your own but it takes a lot of work to keep on top of everything.

You could speak to Go Matilda or one of the regularly recommended agents on here and see what you think once you've had a free consultation?

One thing to mention is that the medical is only valid for a finite time and that this will determine how long you have to move (or at least validate) after the visa is granted. For this reason, it's worth leaving the medicals until they're actually required.

I hesitate to go into details of how to do the police check and medicals because I went through it all quite a few years back (so things might have changed). However, neither was particularly difficult. Australia House (or now online) provided us with a list of approved doctors for the medical so it was just a matter of getting and appointment with the closest one. As for the police check, I went to the local police station and they provided details of how to apply--I had the impression they were used to such queries because they had a photocopied handout with the details I needed.

By all means consider a migration agent if your application is a tricky one--but the police checks and medicals are the easy bits!

hey guys,

i applied for skilled independent 189 on 16 Sep 2013 offshore. But i have already done the medical on 28th May 2013 in Melbourne at medibank. I have received the medical to my last address. While applying for 189 visa, they ask for HAP id... i am not quite sure about that. but i have attached the electronic confirmation letter in the document required. Should they will be able to access the my reports electronically or do i need forward my medicals to their office. can anyone please help

cheers

Hi, Im new to this forum but myself and husband are about to start the skilled visa process. Firstly I am doing the skills assessment before lodging the EOI, however does anyone know when and how we are supposed to get medicals and police checks done?? Would be grateful for any advice. p.s we are also in two minds whether to use and agent, we both work full time and the thought of all this organising is overwhelming however I've seen that a few people are doing it themselves, any advice on this would be appreciated.

Hi I done my own and am in Oz now! It's a daunting process and some feel better by an agent to guide them but there's lots of support on here. You can download the police check forms from ACPO website but wait until EOI submitted and invited to apply, they only take 2 weeks max from UK unless you've worked in other countries may take longer. The medicals can be done once EOI submitted as you need TRN number which is allocated on submission though as a previous poster states they are only valid a certain length of time, a year I think, and that's to present in Person to Oz. Good luck and ask away

Hi I done my own and am in Oz now! It's a daunting process and some feel better by an agent to guide them but there's lots of support on here. You can download the police check forms from ACPO website but wait until EOI submitted and invited to apply, they only take 2 weeks max from UK unless you've worked in other countries may take longer. The medicals can be done once EOI submitted as you need TRN number which is allocated on submission though as a previous poster states they are only valid a certain length of time, a year I think, and that's to present in Person to Oz. Good luck and ask away

thank for all advice and help . How are you finding oz , gold coast ? and nursing in oz ?

Hi still in holiday mode! Been here 4 weeks so been sorting stuff like permanent rental, car, house furnishings, getting son in school etc. I've joined an agency and hoping to start next week though I will be looking for a permanent job so not seen any nursing yet! Bring your CPR cert when you come over as I've had to do an online one for agency $55! The weather is fab, everything is just so bright and blue blue skies! The wildlife takes a bit getting used to! Good luck!

Dear members,

I have also applied for 189visa on 16th Sep 2013 and done medicals on 19th Sep 2013. Things went smooth for my huubby and little angle but my Chest X-ray graded 'B'. (gosh very nervous)

Now the thing is that until yesterday 'Organize your health examination' was there under my application. But now it has changed to 'No medical required for this applicant as per information provided to DIAC'.

Guys please tell me what happen to my medicals are they - finalized, referred or still with DIAC and will be referred later on allocation of CO which would take more time. Because I know all graded B medicals goes through MOC.

Your view appreciated, please post.

Chinnu

Dear members,

I have also applied for 189visa on 16th Sep 2013 and done medicals on 19th Sep 2013. Things went smooth for my huubby and little angle but my Chest X-ray graded 'B'. (gosh very nervous)

Now the thing is that until yesterday 'Organize your health examination' was there under my application. But now it has changed to 'No medical required for this applicant as per information provided to DIAC'.

Guys please tell me what happen to my medicals are they - finalized, referred or still with DIAC and will be referred later on allocation of CO which would take more time. Because I know all graded B medicals goes through MOC.

Your view appreciated, please post.

Chinnu

Sounds like you have done your medicals without being asked. Don't take any notice of online updates, this is not how the department will communicate with you. If your CO wants something they will email you.

Archived