Skills assessment....

Kooky

Just received news from my agent that my skills assessment has been sent off which is very exciting but I now feel hugely worried too!! I feel like now we are one step closer we have more to loose if that makes sense!?

anyway the real reason I am on here is the agent said the skills assessment is taking about 3 months on average at the moment - we are on borrowed time as I turn 40 in March so I am a little worried about how long it is going to take to apply for the visa. Anyone got any timings on how long things may turn around (also anyone's skills assessment come through quicker than this - school teacher assessment).

Can an anyone reassure me that I may just make the visa application on time? :unsure:

I teach and have just had a visa grant. AITSL don't rush for anyone either sorry bud but you should be OK for March. Just stay on top of your agent and make sure they are doing their bit. Get your EOI set up ready to go so the second your assessment comes through, you can get it in. After that things move quickly. You could front load your meds and police check too to help.

Just received news from my agent that my skills assessment has been sent off which is very exciting but I now feel hugely worried too!! I feel like now we are one step closer we have more to loose if that makes sense!?

anyway the real reason I am on here is the agent said the skills assessment is taking about 3 months on average at the moment - we are on borrowed time as I turn 40 in March so I am a little worried about how long it is going to take to apply for the visa. Anyone got any timings on how long things may turn around (also anyone's skills assessment come through quicker than this - school teacher assessment).

Can an anyone reassure me that I may just make the visa application on time? :unsure:

It is definitely doable but will be tight and I don't think it would be correct to say otherwise to you, the trouble is having to wait for the invitation. Still though you will have two or three months for that,

Ours were 11 weeks for AITSL assessment plus a week for the results to arrive from Oz by post. That was back when AITSL were snowed under with work, and were taking longer than normal to process applications - see signature below for timescale.

:biggrin:

Ours were 11 weeks for AITSL assessment plus a week for the results to arrive from Oz by post. That was back when AITSL were snowed under with work, and were taking longer than normal to process applications - see signature below for timescale.

:biggrin:

Any news on your application Del?

Hi Chall77,

We're not doing anything at the moment...... after that first rush, we've had to put things on hold, but we're keeping our eyes on those State Lists. Knowing our luck, Primary School Teacher will disappear from everyone's lists with all these imminent changes.....!

Hope you're ok, and coping with the new term!

Crossing fingers for you Kook!! Agree with Rupert, it will be tight. I think Medicals and police checks would be a good idea over the next 8 weeks. Have them ready.

Xmas as may slow things down a bit in Oz as well. 11 weeks would be bang in the middle of Xmas.

Posted my my aitsl to agent this morning.

Thanks everyone one it does help. So useful having this site (how on earth did people do this before the internet!).

I'm not sure but would your application go on your age when you do your EOI?

not sure I have wondered this myself - if it is on EOI then I should be ok - the worry is if it is on visa application, that's when time is really going to be an issue! anyone know about this?

Crossing fingers for you Kook!! Agree with Rupert, it will be tight. I think Medicals and police checks would be a good idea over the next 8 weeks. Have them ready.

Xmas as may slow things down a bit in Oz as well. 11 weeks would be bang in the middle of Xmas.

Posted my my aitsl to agent this morning.

Hey vandeux. Our posts crossed :rolleyes: great you got yours posted off. Thought you had to want for mess/police checks til you got the go ahead? :mad:

Archived