Bridging visa E after cancelled 457 visa

ramot

Alan or Raul, sorry if this question is a bit off subject, but ref. the 457 visa, can anyone explain the difference between a 457 4 year visa being officially cancelled before the 4 years is up, but considered not ceased as it was a 4 year visa? So bridging visa A cannot not be implemented when a partner visa applied for, but the draconian bridging visa E instead?

Again apologies to be slightly off subject, but it just seems daft to me, but we are of course talking about the immigration department!!!

Thanks

Alan or Raul, sorry if this question is a bit off subject, but ref. the 457 visa, can anyone explain the

difference between a 457 4 year visa being officially cancelled before the 4 years is up, but considered not ceased as it was a 4 year visa? So bridging visa A cannot not be implemented when a partner visa applied for, but the draconian bridging visa E instead?

Again apologies to be slightly off subject, but it just seems daft to me, but we are of course talking about the immigration department

!!!

Thanks

Ramot, I am sure we have been through this before and I have posted links from th immigration site. A visa "ceases" when it reaches its expiry date. It is cancelled if it is, well cancelled, before the expiry date.

Ramot, I am sure we have been through this before and I have posted links from th immigration site. A visa "ceases" when it reaches its expiry date. It is cancelled if it is, well cancelled, before the expiry date.

Yes you have and appreciated, it's just the total frustration of the situation. Has had work restrictions finally lifted, but would like to go to UK to visit but can't leave the country.

It's a real warning to others on the 457 visa on top of all the other pitfalls of the visa.

Yes you have and appreciated, it's just the total frustration of the situation. Has had work restrictions finally lifted, but would like to go to UK to visit but can't leave the country.

It's a real warning to others on the 457 visa on top of all the other pitfalls of the visa.

That isn't a pitfall of the 457 visa. It is a pitfall of cancelling ANY temporary visa and then wanting to apply for a substantive visa.

That isn't a pitfall of the 457 visa. It is a pitfall of cancelling ANY temporary visa and then wanting to apply for a substantive visa.

Yes I agree Blossom, was only mentioning the 457 because that was relevant in my daughters case. She applied for a partner visa before she left her job on the 457 visa because of the bullying that she was subjected to, and she is no shrinking violet, having lived and worked overseas before coming here. If the partner visas weren't taking so long to process it wouldn't be so bad, but that's life, while trying to emigrate here, as I think both you and our son came the student route, so had to learn patience.

She wants to visit UK with her partner as his father is very ill, and he would like him to meet our daughter, as time is running out fast, that's why I re-asked just in case anything had changed.