187 RSMS visa Applying off shore.... Technical questions ish

POM88

Hi All,

I hope some one can assist with a query i have around the 187 visa. With out going in to, too much detail my fiancee and i have applied for a 857 RSMS visa (onshore) and were declined by the DIAC for not having enough experiance to satisfy a diploma qualification. We applied to the MRT and are now waiting.

We have discussed a number of ideas with a MA, however one suggestion is to apply for a new visa (187) as it is unlikly we would win the MRT case based on the original application and we now have enough experiance to satisfy the DIAC experiance criteria (within the next few months any how).

Now these are my questions:

• 1) Do we need to apply offshore for this visa
    • 1.1) If we apply offshore, are we able to re enter australia before a decision is made? (we are currently on BVA, this wont expire until the MRT call us to a tribunual)

[*]2) How long are most people waiting, from lodgement to acceptance/rejection?

If any one can assist with these questions it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

The onshore/offshore thing is no more. You can apply for the 187 wherever you are. You can travel to Oz after applying but you need to let immigration know.

Timescales are currently around 6 months from application if non decision ready application. If you apply decision ready via an agent it will be quicker. Depending on the state getting approval can take time too. SA RCB took around 6 weeks to approve and we had to have the position advertised before that........Some states do not require market testing though. You can check timescales on the various websites.