Things to do with the kids

Alison Hutchinson

Just read from your other post that you are based in Sydney!

We are heading out to Brisbane in 4-6 weeks...althpugh my hubby has applied of a job down your wat too...so who knows, lol!

How are you all enjoying it so far?? I am really beginning to dread the goodbyes...I wake up every morning feeling sick nervous...but once I am up and going the excitement comes back, lol! One I get over the goodbyes I will be able to relax. :wink:

Don't know that area well so will suggest you go into town. Explore Darling Harbour, the aquarium, Madam Tusaud's. Museums - the Powerhouse is really good for children. A ferry trip to the zoo. Lots of things to do in town. If you go in the opposite direction you can visit Olympic Park and the aquatic centre which the children would enjoy as it might still be too cold for the beach. Google school holiday activities - I'm sure you'll find lots.

Hi, I am in a similar situation. We are in Oatley so half way between Marrickville and Caringbah. We went to the Harbour and zoo a few weeks ago and that was lovely. But def an expensive day out. $200 for us all. We found Como pleasure ground this weekend which is beautiful and I understand there are lots of good parks and recreational spaces. But if you are like me there is only so many times of hanging around parks you can take. I would like to know of cheap options if anyone has any suggestions. I am a member of a few groups that meet up but I haven't been able to make meets yet due to dates or location as like you I don't have a car. My youngest is used to full time nursery and is going stir crazy being at home with me all the time plus it doesn't help the job hunting!!! I just hope I can get her into daycare soon.

Archived