EOI comes first or the ACS assessment for ICT skill set

mbsbilal

Hi Friends,

I need your expert support in finding out the right way towards Australian Migration. Since i am planning to lodge australian immigration, I am sort of a confused where to start from.

- Whether the process starts from the assessment authority or do we have to file EOI first.

- Secondly, is there any option that a person files EOI without having done his IELTS since it is said as mandatory in the booklets.

- Can a married guy apply for immigration as primary applicant and does not want his spous to go with him after approval, and then brings his spous to Australia afterwards ?

Regards,

you have to have a possitive skills assessment and IELTS in place before lodging your EOI. Sorry cant help with the spouse question. People from certain countries eg UK, Canada, America dont have to do IELTS but most do it for the additional points to reach the 60 pass mark.

not sure, our skills assessment was with TRA and we didnt have to have the IELTS for it (in fact husband did it after) but not sure if its different for other assessing authorities or people from non native engligh speaking countries, I can only comment on our experience:smile:

Hi Friends,

I need your expert support in finding out the right way towards Australian Migration. Since i am planning to lodge australian immigration, I am sort of a confused where to start from.

- Whether the process starts from the assessment authority or do we have to file EOI first.

- Secondly, is there any option that a person files EOI without having done his IELTS since it is said as mandatory in the booklets.

- Can a married guy apply for immigration as primary applicant and does not want his spous to go with him after approval, and then brings his spous to Australia afterwards ?

Regards,

You should do your IELTS and your skills assessment before you fill in the EOI. You need to check with your skills assessing body whether you need to do IELTS as part of the skills assessment. That varies by occupation.

The spouse situation you describe could cause all sorts of problems. Why would anyone apply for a visa without their spouse? It makes no sense and suggests it is not a genuine relationship, so then there would be hurdles to pass later if you change your mind, you would have to go an extra mile to prove the relationship.

Why would you want to do this anyway?

I wonder if he means that he wants to include his wife on the visa but wants to go ahead of his wife to maybe get settled first and then bring her over? The question isn't very clear but that's how I read it.

Debs

Yes certainly could be. Although I have seen many applicants from HR countries ask about (and actually do) get the visa for themselves first and leave the spouse and even children off as they think it is easier to do things that way. (But it isn't).

Yes certainly could be. Although I have seen many applicants from HR countries ask about (and actually do) get the visa for themselves first and leave the spouse and even children off as they think it is easier to do things that way. (But it isn't).

Thank you so much Rupert for your expert advice. Thanks travelchic for understanding. Yes, my spous does not qualify for Skill assessment, as it is mentioned in Skillset that if i wish to bring my spous, she has qualify for assessment (correct me if i am wrong since there is too much i am going there :( )

I honestly do not want to leave my family back but I am not sure how to? Rupert, i will really appreciate if you can extend your support and explain things regarding spous matter. I am about to undertake my IELTS next to next week. Please confirm whether my spous has to complete an IELTS test, is it mandatory for her as well ?

Once again, thank you soo much all, I am really honored.

Archived