Case officer arguing on Qualification points calculated by EOI points - Need advice/suggestions

freakedass

Hello everyone,

I applied for SC189 VISA on 8th July 2013 and have claimed 65 points via EOI. This includes my age (30 points), education qualification (15 points), Work experience / onshore / offshore (10 points), IELTS (10 points). Total 65 points.

I had got the same points system accredited by ACS and EOI. Yesterday i came to know i have been assigned a case officer and she came back asking why i was claiming 15 points with regards to my Education qualification.

Note: I have a Post Graduate Diploma which ACS claims to be as comparable to an AQF Graduate Diploma level and should be of at least a Bachelor Qualification.

My agent has put in below 2 points to counter CO's question regarding claim of points. They are:

1. The EOI points were indeed calculated by the EOI system automatically based on the information provided in the EOI application. All your information was provided genuinely. If a miscalculation is to be blamed, it should be a system bug rather than you, the client, to be blamed for because all the information provided is true and correct.

2. Your Post Graduate Diploma has been assessed by ACS as comparable to an AQF Graduate Diploma level. This should be of at least a Bachelor Qualification.

Do you think there would be any problems with regards to my claim of points?

If yes, what alternatives do i have? I feel i am so near yet so far from getting the grant !!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hello everyone,

I applied for SC189 VISA on 8th July 2013 and have claimed 65 points via EOI. This includes my age (30 points), education qualification (15 points), Work experience / onshore / offshore (10 points), IELTS (10 points). Total 65 points.

I had got the same points system accredited by ACS and EOI. Yesterday i came to know i have been assigned a case officer and she came back asking why i was claiming 15 points with regards to my Education qualification.

Note: I have a Post Graduate Diploma which ACS claims to be as comparable to an AQF Graduate Diploma level and should be of at least a Bachelor Qualification.

My agent has put in below 2 points to counter CO's question regarding claim of points. They are:

1.The EOI points were indeed calculated by the EOI system automatically based on the information provided in the EOI application. All your information was provided genuinely. If a miscalculation is to be blamed, it should be a system bug rather than you, the client, to be blamed for because all the information provided is true and correct.

2.Your Post Graduate Diploma has been assessed by ACS as comparable to an AQF Graduate Diploma level. This should be of at least a Bachelor Qualification.

Do you think there would be any problems with regards to my claim of points?

If yes, what alternatives do i have? I feel i am so near yet so far from getting the grant !!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I am not very familiar with UK system, but don't you need a Bachelor degree to get Post Graduate Diploma? Why won't you show it to CO as prove that you can claim 15 points?

Also, don't post-graduate diplomas usually require only 1 year of study? If yes, than how can it be compered to Bachelor degree that is 3 years?

Good luck,

Jo

maybe submit to CO asap your Bachelor Degree to get 15 points at least from that if you claimed already 15 points. Nt sure if he will be accepting this, if nt it can decline your visa which is not good as i dont think you can be invited 2nd time.

Just run from 1 loyer to other asap for help. Nt sure why he cant accept,, but you will need sb's support as you will end badly

maybe submit to CO asap your Bachelor Degree to get 15 points at least from that if you claimed already 15 points. Nt sure if he will be accepting this, if nt it can decline your visa which is not good as i dont think you can be invited 2nd time.

Just run from 1 loyer to other asap for help. Nt sure why he cant accept,, but you will need sb's support as you will end badly

Ivetka, i have already submitted my certificate and transcripts to the case officer. Not sure how should i prove this ahead. Also as per Allan's link my Bachelors is definitely accredited. The question is, this is also confirmed from ACS that DIAC confirms from. Don't understand why this question came in cause as per ACS my Bachelors is as per Australian Bachelors standards.

Ivetka, i have already submitted my certificate and transcripts to the case officer. Not sure how should i prove this ahead. Also as per Allan's link my Bachelors is definitely accredited. The question is, this is also confirmed from ACS that DIAC confirms from. Don't understand why this question came in cause as per ACS my Bachelors is as per Australian Bachelors standards.

Send them Allan's link? With a step by step commentary as to why it applies..

• 2 years later...

Hi, has anyone here been able to claim 15 points for their post graduate qualifications (obtained without a bachelors). I have a MSc(Maritime studies), entry into which was based on my Class 1 coc (captain's licence); however, candidates without a seafaring background are required to have a bachelors. I am confused and trying to make sense of the below extract from the skill select site:

//

Bachelor Degree

To receive 15 points for having at least a Bachelor degree, you must have met the requirements for an award of Bachelor degree by an Australian educational institution or your qualification must be considered as at least comparable to a Bachelor level at Australian standards.

Note: To receive 15 points for a Masters degree, you must also have a Bachelor degree completed in Australia or overseas, or the Masters degree must be considered as at least comparable to Bachelor degree level at Australian standards.

//

I did, approach Vetassess, if they can assess to confirm my masters is at least equivalent to an australian bachelors. They would only assess if either the immigration department or our my assessing body (AMSA) refers me to them. Now this is tricky, having received my AMSA assessment, now its only the CO will refer me to VETASSESS, which would only happen after I have lodged my application and paid the visa fees. After all this, if it is assessed negatively, I the risk rejection, as my at this moment my points total to 60 with the 15 for my PG.

If anyone can shed some light on this.

cheers.

Have you not pasted your own answer?

Note: To receive 15 points for a Masters degree, you must also have a Bachelor degree completed in Australia or overseas, or the Masters degree must be considered as at least comparable to Bachelor degree level at Australian standards.

I am in the confusion as to how do I Ensure my masters in equivalent to an ausi bachelors

Archived