mobile phone, broadband and landline providers, any ideas please?

SGHJLL

Finding it very difficult to figure out how to get the best deal for these things!

I text loads, and want to be able to text UK mobiles too, I don't really use internet on the mobile much and call quite rarely. I don't want to be locked into a contract either.

Broadband is more difficult to find without locking into a 24 month contract, can't seem to find a telstra one that doesn't (many have said they have the best coverage and are reliable).

Moving to a rental on a 6 month lease at a time near Geelong.

I would really like to know what most people have opted for as soon as they have arrived?

I have found that virgin are good for fixed price $19 (your get $250 credit and 250mb data)

To txt the UK i have used Whatsapp messanger, it uses a tiny bit of data instead of credit (also you can send pictures through it for no extra cost). Also if you have a smartphone you can connect it to your wifi whhen in range and it doesnt even use your mobile data.

When we arrived we got Telstra phone and internet.....but it is expensive and a 24month contract. I paid my way out of the contract and signed up with YesOptus 300gb internet, homephone and tv for $110 a month for 12 month

Broadband is more difficult to find without locking into a 24 month contract, can't seem to find a telstra one that doesn't (many have said they have the best coverage and are reliable).

You'll need to check whether they service your area, but it's $40 per month for unlimited ADSL2, plus $50 joining. No contract so you leave at any time.

This is on top of a line rental of about $23 per month for Telstra.

https://www.clubtelco.com/index.html

Archived