Prospective marriage visa

Danny842003

The six letters do they have to be from my friends? And do they have had to have met her as well? Because she has only been to the UK once and because I work away a lot when I am at home I only have a small group of very good friends who she met about 3-4.

But I have met loads of her friends as I have been to Oz quite a few times to see her. Could family members be included in that six?

What do they ask for in the visa application booklet is the thing. You need to make sure you submit the things they ask for on the application form check list. And read the booklet carefully and provide the information they are after.

Section 5 applies to the PMV but you should read it all though carefully as other parts will perhaps be relevant. Cross out the sections/pages that do not then apply to you at all.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

What do they ask for in the visa application booklet is the thing. You need to make sure you submit the things they ask for on the application form check list. And read the booklet carefully and provide the information they are after.

Section 5 applies to the PMV but you should read it all though carefully as other parts will perhaps be relevant. Cross out the sections/pages that do not then apply to you at all.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

I havent got a booklet yet. Im still quite a way off actually applying (not out of choice) and just getting some reaserch at the moment.

I havent got a booklet yet. Im still quite a way off actually applying (not out of choice) and just getting some reaserch at the moment.

Its just an online PDF you can open and read online or download and read from your computer or tablet etc.

It goes with the application forms so I'd start reading it now as it gives you pretty much all you want to know with regards to your application. Make sure when you come to applying though you double check they have not updated it since you last read it as they can make changes. But generally, its been the same for a while now.

The six letters do they have to be from my friends? And do they have had to have met her as well? Because she has only been to the UK once and because I work away a lot when I am at home I only have a small group of very good friends who she met about 3-4. But I have met loads of her friends as I have been to Oz quite a few times to see her. Could family members be included in that six?
I gave six letters because I could - my mum and five friends. The minimum is two statements - and they must have met you both. That could include family and people in Australia or outside Australia. As Snifter says, read the booklet as all the info is in there.

Ok thanks yeah that is not a problem then. Sorry for all the questions I just find all the actual stuff such a dry read. Its nice to actually speak to someone who has actually done it.

The actual stuff is boring to read but its important to do so. Don't take our word as gospel. It will answer many of your questions and explains everything you need to do and so on. I remember reading it, taking it all in and then writing a list of things I didn't grasp or understand fully, a list of what I did get and then knew I needed to do and broke it down that way. I posted on here a few times to ask for clarification on some stuff and the like and really got to grips with the booklet and application forms. Once you get into it its pretty straightforward, just a case of making sure you follow and submit what they are asking.

The actual stuff is boring to read but its important to do so. Don't take our word as gospel. It will answer many of your questions and explains everything you need to do and so on. I remember reading it, taking it all in and then writing a list of things I didn't grasp or understand fully, a list of what I did get and then knew I needed to do and broke it down that way. I posted on here a few times to ask for clarification on some stuff and the like and really got to grips with the booklet and application forms. Once you get into it its pretty straightforward, just a case of making sure you follow and submit what they are asking.

Agreed, but it is daunting to do it from a cold start. It is useful to make contact like Danny has done to find out that it is possible to go it alone, and to get a bery bullet pointy list of what the paperwork will be. I was fortunate that I phoned a migration agent who was so rude to me that I decided to do it myself. He told me I wouldn't be able to do it and said he bet I hadn't even lodged a Notice of Intention to Marry (the part of the process that sounds scariest but is actually done for you by a celebrant as part of their job). Fine, I thought, I guess I hadn't realised I'd have to do that, so I read the booklet more carefully and found that celebrant aside, it really didn't look too difficult.

Archived