Which Bank to use

Guest Mrs C

Guest Pinhead
Exactly. And if you do have a spare $20k you would be better off putting it in an interest yielding account earning $100-150 per month instead of saving $5 per month on fees!

You can still do that with CBA.

CBA Netbank saver pays 7% gross. If you have $20K in your account you pay no bank charges on any of your bank accounts with CBA.

I keep all my cash in the Netbank saver & transfer anything I need to use into my current account online as & when.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SIDLOWE
You can still do that with CBA.

CBA Netbank saver pays 7% gross. If you have $20K in your account you pay no bank charges on any of your bank accounts with CBA.

I keep all my cash in the Netbank saver & transfer anything I need to use into my current account online as & when.

Do they still charge you for using a different atm ? and do they charge you for EFTPOS?

Thanks

Guest kernow001

Hi, we have a HSBC uk account, as they are all over the world and in Oz cannot we not stick with them ?? just an idea, or perhaps i've got it all wrong.

Guest oz migration

Hi All

For those going to Qld - I would recommend ANZ, why ?

Firstly the bank has won numerous awards is a Top 4 bank. Secondly I can give you a direct e mail to a super lady that has her own franchise (Brisbane City) and you will and do get very personal, professional and attentive service.

e mail Kerry Higgins : higginsk@anzmortgagesolutions.com

Tell her Chris from eRA has suggested you call (no obligation whatsoever) and shall do the rest.

Kind regards

Chris

Guest asylon

We've had endless problems with Westpac and NAB. Just realy inefficient and don't seem to know what they are doing most of the time.

Could be a far north thing.

Guest Mrs C

I suppose it is like anything else, depends on which Branch you use? Mind you most banks in Uk are as bad a each other, peolple always complain whichever bank they use..

Guest shill66

hi My husband has arrived recently and chose ANZ which was ok to open in Uk. In oz they have been great except they wont give him a cheque book/debit credit card till he has a home telephone line!!!!!!!

They all seem to charge a lot!!!!! His advice to me when I arrive in june is to take a uk credit card like Nationwide (who dont chrge for transactions abroad) and leave some money in an online uk account.

Archived