Movecube Insurance

jameslfc

Hi, we're packing and sending off a medium MoveCube in a few weeks. We're a bit confused on the insurance side of things - do you have to list on an insurance sheet each and every item individually, as well as its estimated value, or can you group items and guesstimate, ie Books, DVDs, Games rather than each book and each game etc? Having already packed a few boxes this would be a bit hard for us to do.

Also for anyone who used/using a movecube, have you gone with the included Seven Seas insurance or have you used a separate company?

Thanks

We are planning on using IYM or Letton Percival all being well.

I am listing ornaments one by one and all are going in one box.

Books, CD's DVD's by box. Not listing each and every one in them. What I did do was take pics of each layer as I put them in the boxes simply so I knew what was where as I went along. And had it to refer to for estimating the value etc.

I'd contact the insurers you plan to use and find out what they want you to do.

Lol,sooooooOO organised Snifter,good that tho!

You any idea where you can send a box if you have no permanent address,or even if you can?

Soz for hijacking the thread James,just wondering!

Yeah, 6 weeks or so left, have to get it sorted. Only packed about half a dozen boxes so far. Mostly as a load of stuff has either been sold, charity shopped or taken to the tip. Packed what we are not using or don't need, the rest will get done nearer the time as we are still using it.

Re a box, depends I'd reckon, there would be ways and means. Does it have to be a box or is it more just excess baggage or something?

I sent a large cube on its way 10 days ago...

I used Seven seas insurance. If i understood it correctly, it's only total loss (i.e. it doesn't cover damage to only a few items, only the complete loss of the cube like the ship sinking or so...) and it's a fixed value (depending on cube size ), so the premium paid is the same regardless of content, and the potential compensation is a pre-determined lump sum. This also implies that they don't require any info about the content for insurance purposes.

They offer additional insurance if you think that the lumpsum is too low (which requires value estimates), but didn't use it so can't help you there

Hi, we're packing and sending off a medium MoveCube in a few weeks. We're a bit confused on the insurance side of things - do you have to list on an insurance sheet each and every item individually, as well as its estimated value, or can you group items and guesstimate, ie Books, DVDs, Games rather than each book and each game etc? Having already packed a few boxes this would be a bit hard for us to do.

Also for anyone who used/using a movecube, have you gone with the included Seven Seas insurance or have you used a separate company?

Thanks

Hi Jameslfc, which company does the movecube please I'll check out there website

Thanks

hi my movecube is halway there and i checked it with them. total loss is automatically billed for at a set minimum value as stated on the first of the two nsurance pages, you can specify a greater level of cover and it breaks down the extra cost. the next page asks you for an invetory. you only need to fill this in if you've selected to cover certain items. we didn't so left it blank. not sure their total loss is worth it. but put it on anyway. asked what it covered and it seemed a bit of a grey area. obvious if it goes over the sude of a ship. but what if moist of it is water damaged??

Hi Jameslfc, which company does the movecube please I'll check out there website

Thanks

Easy to find online. Movecube is a seven seas set up.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I didn't notice that you didn't need to fill out the inventory form for the total loss insurance. I think it could be made a bit clearer! I think we're gonna go for the total loss, maybe increase the premium a little bit to up the lump sum. Saves on the hassle, we're stressed enough as it is!

Yeah, 6 weeks or so left, have to get it sorted. Only packed about half a dozen boxes so far. Mostly as a load of stuff has either been sold, charity shopped or taken to the tip. Packed what we are not using or don't need, the rest will get done nearer the time as we are still using it.

Re a box, depends I'd reckon, there would be ways and means. Does it have to be a box or is it more just excess baggage or something?

Just bits and bobs,memorabilia etc.LFC stuff,some photo's etc

Archived