Have yet to hear about receipt of application in London? - Partner Offshore 309

Amo

Hi everyone

We applied for Partner Offshore Subclass 309 and sent to London on 8/8. We haven't had any acknowledgement they have recieived (apart from postal records) or any contact from a CO yet? is this normal.. 2-3 Weeks?

Will they email the 'applicant'? Other threads on here are saying people hear back within about 5 working days..

Freaking out a bit that it's gotten lost - but assuming it's school holidays, summer they are probably understaffed!

Thanks, Amy

Trying to figure the payment out - I did a Bankers Draft in GBP, so I have asked my bank to let me know.. if they say yes, i'll be feel a bit better! Do you think it's summer holidays slowing responses down?

Proof of receipt is proof of application lodged. Hence sending it and having it signed for. Don't worry, a CO will be in touch soon.

Some people it does take a couple of weeks. Some CO are on holiday ATM. The applicant will hear from their assigned CO in due course, usually via email if that is the preferred contact method.

Ok just for your info I have been assigned a CO today, 28 days after i sent the application. Alot longer than many.

Nice to know, thanks for the info-looks like we're looking at another 10 days or so as well! Hopefully doesn't affect the waiting time on the other end

My application for 309/100 was sent in on 23/08 and I also have not yet heard anything like the other posters.

Not too concerned as money taken but I am interested if people think the processing times will be going up as it looks like perhaps they are very busy as not allocating CO's for a number of weeks, rather than days.

Any thoughts ?

My application for 309/100 was sent in on 23/08 and I also have not yet heard anything like the other posters.

Not too concerned as money taken but I am interested if people think the processing times will be going up as it looks like perhaps they are very busy as not allocating CO's for a number of weeks, rather than days.

Any thoughts ?

the poster (above) said they wanted for 28 days for CO acknowledgement. So looks like end of September for us I think.

Any thoughts ?

Hopefully not! Reading other threads, people have been suggesting possibly case officers on holidays through August with school being out and all so hopefully that is the case and this week they will have started coming back and getting through our piles of applications! I assume its administration who take the payment details page and process that without a case officer as soon as the application is received. I hope the waiting time doesn't go up...I'm heading back to Aus next week (my visa for here is expired) so don't want it to be even longer until my partner can join me :(

Oh well if patience is a virtue then I'm definitely learning to develop it..... this visa process will be turning me into a saint !!

Maybe all us august application people can keep in touch and let each other know how everything is going ? Just an idea as might be reassuring...

Fingers crossed everyone for us to all hear something soon to know we are underway....

Oh well if patience is a virtue then I'm definitely learning to develop it..... this visa process will be turning me into a saint !!

Maybe all us august application people can keep in touch and let each other know how everything is going ? Just an idea as might be reassuring...

Fingers crossed everyone for us to all hear something soon to know we are underway....

Definitely! I keep meaning to start a "August 309/100 visa" thread but then keep forgetting...

Hopefully not! Reading other threads, people have been suggesting possibly case officers on holidays through August with school being out and all so hopefully that is the case and this week they will have started coming back and getting through our piles of applications! I assume its administration who take the payment details page and process that without a case officer as soon as the application is received. I hope the waiting time doesn't go up...I'm heading back to Aus next week (my visa for here is expired) so don't want it to be even longer until my partner can join me :(

sorry to hear that Nikki -can you come back again as a tourist? I think I now understand Australian immigration better than UK!

sorry to hear that Nikki -can you come back again as a tourist? I think I now understand Australian immigration better than UK!

To be honest yes I think I can but have read on a few other forums of people being refused at the border as, to UK home office they don't seem to be genuine 'tourists' on account of I have just lived here for 2 years so why would I need to 'visit'? Risk of coming back to my current job and working illegally and overstaying etc. Following that if I say I'm here to visit my partner they may become even more concerned of my risk of overstaying. Which I can understand to some degree :( don't have the money to risk that at the moment! our plan is for my partner Ronnie to join me in Aus in December/January once everything is finalised here, eg police, meds etc for a month or 2 on a tourist visa then head back to his native Bangladesh to wait out the rest of the process. So will essentially be 3-4 months apart, but still, I'm dreading it already!

To be honest yes I think I can but have read on a few other forums of people being refused at the border as, to UK home office they don't seem to be genuine 'tourists' on account of I have just lived here for 2 years so why would I need to 'visit'? Risk of coming back to my current job and working illegally and overstaying etc. Following that if I say I'm here to visit my partner they may become even more concerned of my risk of overstaying. Which I can understand to some degree :( don't have the money to risk that at the moment! our plan is for my partner Ronnie to join me in Aus in December/January once everything is finalised here, eg police, meds etc for a month or 2 on a tourist visa then head back to his native Bangladesh to wait out the rest of the process. So will essentially be 3-4 months apart, but still, I'm dreading it already!

That sounds a sensible plan but sad that you will be apart :-/ But as you say, probably best not to risk trying to get back into the UK again - want to keep a clean record with immigration at this vital time! Lots to look forward too, particularly when our applications get moving (hopefully before the end Sep!). When do you need to leave the UK...?

:smile:

That sounds a sensible plan but sad that you will be apart :-/ But as you say, probably best not to risk trying to get back into the UK again - want to keep a clean record with immigration at this vital time! Lots to look forward too, particularly when our applications get moving (hopefully before the end Sep!). When do you need to leave the UK...?

:smile:

Exactly right, best to keep on the right side of the law at this time!!

I'm leaving next Thursday, 19 sep. really hoping we hear from a case officer before I go. We are pretty much banking on them requesting more information and I want to be here to help sort out anything that might happen. We are a young couple, both temporarily in the uk so therefore have very little financial evidence (no joint mortgage, cars etc) - we have a joint bank account but that's about it. We live with my partners family so I am not on the lease agreement as they only needed one of our names, which my partner did. We pay rent and bills as one sum to my partners family and they sort it all out so were a little bit nervous to be honest.

We both wrote extensive personal statements and have 4 well written stat decs, one of them from my partners cousin detailing the living/paying rent/how long I lived in the home etc. and the rest of our evidence is mainly holidays and events together which we included confirmation emails for hotels, trains, bookings, attending weddings etc and then one or 2 supporting photos from each of those events to 'confirm'. On top of this we included about 8 or 9 bank statement pages showing (substantial) transfers -rent and shopping etc- between each other before our joint account and a few receipts of big purchases we've made together.

Reading that back and it looks even smaller then I remembered it being :(

When we were going through it, although it seemed quite small we do believe its of good 'quality' so hopefully this makes a difference.

Sorry I got onto a little bit of a rant there hope you guys don't mind!

Makes the wait a little more nerve racking for us. I've read around the forum that they won't ask for meds and police check until they are satisfied with the evidence etc given does any don know of this? Cannot wait to get meds requested for my partner if this is the case!!